*Price reduced*: Heron and Paul Binns Longswords

WTB Want To Buy or FS: For Sale - personal sales only please, not traders.

Moderator: Moderators

Andy92

*Price reduced*: Heron and Paul Binns Longswords

Post by Andy92 »

Heron longsword - 36" blade, 45" overall, 1.4kg and PoB 15cm. High-late medieval style. Slightly downturned guard and fishtail pommel.

In great condition, only used a couple of times. Couple of small spots of patina on one side where rust has been removed but could probably be removed with a little sanding. Includes custom made leather scabbard with suspension straps. Would be £420 new without the scabbard so asking £320 with the scabbard included.

Paul Binns Longsword - 37" blade, 47" overall, 1.6kg and PoB 10cm. Early style - disc pommel and straight short guard.

By far the best handling longsword I've come across. Light patina across both sides of the blade due to age which again can probably be sanded away with a bit of patience. Very slight bend towards the tip, but nothing dangerous, just aesthetic. The handle has been replaced recently with new wood and leather. I've never found a similar Binns to compare to so pricing similar to the Heron. Asking for £260 given the rarity and condition.

Collection for preference but can arrange postage at buyer's cost.

Pictures on request as I can't remember how to upload them here!
Last edited by Andy92 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andy92

Re: For sale: Heron and Paul Binns Longswords

Post by Andy92 »

Prices now reduced:

Heron - £320
Binns - £260