USE OF THIS FORUM

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

cal
Site Admin

USE OF THIS FORUM

Postby cal » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:28 am

This forum is principally for traders to talk amongst themselves and for customers to discuss things with the traders.

If traders and customers would like to arrange orders, purchases or other such things, please do so.

LIVINGHISTORY.CO.UK HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS ARRANGED OR CONDUCTED THROUGH THIS SITE.

Traders, if you would like to make announcements of products or new offerings etc., then I would normally recommend the Buy and Sell forum.

IMPORTANT NOTE - THIS IS NOT FOR COMPLAINTS:

This forum is not for resolving greivances or complaining about traders.

I mean that very seriously. This is a very difficult legal and commercial area and anyone posting in these areas may be banned without notice.

Cal Tewkesbury - webmaster

Pete the Pong

Postby Pete the Pong » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:02 am

Just to say I fully agree with Cal.
And I for one will IMMEDIATELY pm him, or one of the moderators if I spot any personal attack that could potentially damage a trader's reputation -whether or not I agree with it!
Having said that I don't want us to fight shy of discussing general policies, or being afraid of being critical of organisations like the NMTF. That's what debate is about.

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

Neibelungen
Post Centurion

Postby Neibelungen » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:58 am

I have to agree with Cal and Pete, that this is not the place to conduct personal issues with a trader......... or a customer.... for that matter.

True, there is a place for criticism if it's generalized and constructive.

We all make mistakes and error and only by sharing that can we hope to help others learn

i look forward to seeing this form develope with interest.

Martin Cowley

Postby Martin Cowley » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 am

I dont often use the PM system but its ideal for sorting personell gripes / complaints with traders cos if someone reads something detrimental about someones goods and puts up a posting ,that one error on the part of the trader ,which can be easily resolved just blows out of proportion with others with no connection joining in,it causes unnessasary grief ! ,so what have i missed chaps ?
Oh by the way Pete,your incecense dont half stink,and Gerry Burrows,well his stuff is a bit ropey :twisted:

DomT

Postby DomT » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:24 am

There's been at least one case of trader x saying "Is trader y still knocking out over priced cheap tat for gulible fools?"

Given that nobody wants to be accused of 'knocking out cheap tat' especially here in front of how many possible customers the reference was quickly removed.

That sort of thing does happen I'm afraid. That isnt a direct quote but its fairly close.

"Sir, I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "

"To hear one voice clearly, we must have freedom to hear them all."

Dom Twist. Black Company, Kernow Levy, Team KGB and freelance idiot.

Pete the Pong

Postby Pete the Pong » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:33 am

Also a warning about being over-reliant on pm's (and for that matter emails)
About a week ago a fellow trader pm'd me on a very important issue, which included a fair amount of well deserved criticism of me. At least he thought he had, but for some reason the message was never sent, and therefore never recieved. He also apparently sent an email which again either I didn't receive or got lost in the mountain of spam I get daily.
When we later met up he must have thought me extremely rude and unsympathetic because I appeared to be totally oblivious to everything that he had written.
MORAL: Never EVER assume your pm/email/text has been received !!!!

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

glyndwr 50

A big Thankyou,

Postby glyndwr 50 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:46 pm

I am not a Trader ,But I would just like to say that I find all traders very helpful and without them ,it would be very hard to obtain equipment .I started reenactment back in the late 60s .There were very few Traders about then ,and most equipment was made by yourself or others .Its was to say the least poorly made as we didn't all have the ability to turn out quality goods .But that was long ago and things have moved on since then . I enjoy walking round the Traders and finding something that will fit my purpose .You are all doing a super job and after all said and done ,its down to the customer to ensure that what he or she is buying is up to the job .Don't blame the trader if its not ,My advice is if you are unsure of what to buy is to allways take someone along with you who knows whats right and whats not .Traders are doing there best to supply reenactors needs ,Its up to the buyer to ensure what there buying is right .Keep up the good work all you Traders ,without your effort and the supplying of goods we as reenactors would be at a loss.

Death is just Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Return to “Traders Discussion”