Romans and Britons - join now !

Moderator: Moderators

madoc

Romans and Britons - join now !

Post by madoc »

Roman and Iron age group seeks Romans and Britons to live in harmony with each other (or not).

We're a rapidly growing society with an extensive and varied event list. We pay fuel expenses to our members, can provide subsidised kit and are family friendly. Membership is a tenner. More than half the society does not "fight" but are craft orientated, but those that do fight are split between both britons and romans and fight competively.
This year, we are also equipped for gladatorial contests.

Thorlak

Post by Thorlak »

I am looking at being a Celt in the future If you can send me some details At the moment I am in Regia and ERA

madoc

Post by madoc »

you have PM mail.

MJ

Post by MJ »

Always open to bribes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

madoc

Post by madoc »

what kind of bribes ?

MJ

Post by MJ »

madoc wrote:what kind of bribes ?
The like of which no mortal man could offer and no god would allow... :lol:

Seriously, not enough days in the weekend for everything I want to do now without adding more.

Skallagrym

Interest..

Post by Skallagrym »

HeJ!
My name is Adrian and i live in Sweden, although i will be returning to England at the end of this year or early next year and will be looking for a Roman 'gang' to join. of course, i don't know how you conduct your fighting training, but i have been doing re-enactment combat for 10 years, and study the ancient European Martial Arts with ARMA ( the Association for Reniassance Martial Arts), so i would be happy to join in with the fighting, since Romans who fight are uncommon, especially outside the Gladiatorial thing. You should know that interest in The Romans is HUGE, here.
I would like to hear more about where and when you do shows etc. I have two children who would be interested too.
Med vänliga hälsningar!
Adrian

madoc

Post by madoc »

Check our website:

www.vicus.org.uk

and drop us an email for any other info you need (the relevant info is in the contact page)

grahamp

Post by grahamp »

Shame you haven't any events in the south east though? :cry: Otherwise I'd pop along :)

madoc

Post by madoc »

We're at chiltern open air museum (just off the M25 North) in July and we're at Cliveden, near Maidenhead in September.

We do try and spread the events out both across the year and across the country.

PM me for more info