Where can I put my sword?

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Henri De Ceredigion

Where can I put my sword?

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Having had a bit of a windfall, I have started creating a "ode d'homage" to that character that got me started on this lifestyle (namely Dogtanian) who I have found out will be having a CGI movie sometime in the next year or so, and so therefore have bought a very nice rapier sword (having been assured by the local police force that I could lodge it in their police station and give 28 days written notice of when I wanted to use it) however when I went to speak to them to confirm that I had bought the sword they said that that was not the case and that the person who told me that should not have told me that, so I naturally assumed I could lodge in the vault of my local bank, except that they no longer have a vault, so therefore Where do I place my sword to ensure it does not get stolen?

40/- freeholder

Re: Where can I put my sword?

Postby 40/- freeholder » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 am

Out of interest, how likely is it that your sword would get stolen?
I have a lot of valuable kit but it's not the sort of stuff that can be sold down the pub, so I've never had any bother. I keep a lot of kit that's not used regularly in the attic. On top, or at the back of, a wardrobe might be good places too. A gun cabinet would also be secure.
I've never heard of anyone asking a bank or the police to look after a sword.

Henri De Ceredigion

Re: Where can I put my sword?

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 pm

40/- freeholder wrote:Out of interest, how likely is it that your sword would get stolen? I have a lot of valuable kit but it's not the sort of stuff that can be sold down the pub, so I've never had any bother. I keep a lot of kit that's not used regularly in the attic. On top, or at the back of, a wardrobe might be good places too. A gun cabinet would also be secure. I've never heard of anyone asking a bank or the police to look after a sword.

I have no idea how likely it is to be stolen. Before I bought this sword I spoke to the police and because I was told that I could lodge it at my local police station, I bought the sword. If they had told me what they said on the day and the bank had told me what they told me on the day I wouldn't have bought the sword in the first place. My fear is that although my house is locked at night with all windows and doors secured, we have a lot of people wandering in (window services, plumbers, builders, electricians, district nurses, cleaners) all of whom are to ensure that my grandparents are independent, I don't want to risk any of them finding it and walking off with it.

Return to “Costumes”