Looking for Saxon/Norman groups West Yorkshire

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Ed9217

Looking for Saxon/Norman groups West Yorkshire

Postby Ed9217 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:14 am

I’m looking for any Saxon/Norman reenactment groups based in West Yorkshire.

Hello I am looking to get into Anglo Saxon/Norman reenactment, so am looking for any groups or societies near me. I currently participate in Second World War reenactment , but would like to try something new. I’ve always liked the look of The battle of Hastings era and the Saxons and Norman’s and would really like to get more into the history and depth of it. I have not yet any kit so would need some help/pointers to what I would need. I live near Haworth West Yorkshire so any groups near me would be ideal, I just don’t even know where to start looking. I would be great full for any help.

Edward

Barter

Re: Looking for Saxon/Norman groups West Yorkshire

Postby Barter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 am

Also have a look at THE VIKINGS - https://www.vikingsonline.org.uk/
and REGIA ANGLORUM - https://regia.org/

C. M. Warr

Postby C. M. Warr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Other people have suggested groups which are *exclusively* Saxon/Norman but if you want to join a multi-period society which does Norman (among other timelines like WWII) then I would suggest Crusade. We have members and groups all over Yorkshire. The website is old and so gives the impression that we are exclusively for the Crusade era but if you're interested then PM me.

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi Edward

Hows Pontefract dropped you a pm

Best

Nigel

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Return to “Societies”