FS Assorted male costume

WTB Want To Buy or FS: For Sale - personal sales only please, not traders.

Moderator: Moderators

40/- freeholder

FS Assorted male costume

Postby 40/- freeholder » Sat May 20, 2017 9:33 am

Realistically, I've got a lot of kit for former male members of Rent a Peasant that no longer fits anyone and is taking up wardrobe space that could be used for new kit for me. Pictures can be seen on Rent a Peasant website. Eras cover Romano-British to Tudor, all hand made by me, no machine sewing. C17th garments are a mixture of bought in machine made, part machined part hand sewn and fully hand sewn. Condition ranges from unworn to distressed.
Also some less authentic stuff, originally for village pageant, suitable for am dram, LARP etc.
Enquire here, by PM or email through website for further info on specific items.

40/- freeholder

Re: FS Assorted male costume

Postby 40/- freeholder » Wed May 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Many thanks for all enquiries received so far. Photos currently a problem as I can't find the camera & don't have a mobile, let alone one which takes photos. Will keep everyone posted as and when I find relevant kit/old photos.

40/- freeholder

Postby 40/- freeholder » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Apologies, forgot to check Inbox here for PM's. Now replying to enquiries with photos.
Hopefully attached are photos of a medieval wool tunic, based on pattern from Bocksten man find, fulled wool, never been worn, has acquired some stains in storage; also wool hose from Bocksten man pattern. These have been worn and the feet needed bodging to accommodate a larger foot than the medieval man.
Attachments
bockstentunicB.jpg
bockstenhoseB.jpg

40/- freeholder

Postby 40/- freeholder » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:59 pm

Here are some half hose in 3 sizes, made from a Copenhagen Museum pattern taken from a Greenland find. Originally made for a Medieval Fair, to go over trousers for men unused to wearing "skirts". In the event, it was a hot day so the men went with shorts and bare legs, so these were never worn. All are woollen cloth. £5 a pair
curthose3a.jpg
curthose2a.jpg
curthose1a.jpg

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 pm

don't forget I'm a kit hoover..... 600 ish costumes and still going.... Send me a list! Griff

mark@griffinhistorical.com

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Return to “Buy and Sell”