Stuart Era group sought.

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Thrud

Stuart Era group sought.

Postby Thrud » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi Folks

I am looking to join a UK group (not area specific) that is focused on the Stuart era if possible. Living History only, I am a bit too old for fighting and always preferred the day to day life stuff from when I was in the White Company.

Answers on a postcard please!

I am based in Scotland but I have a van and I can travel.

By the sacred toenail clippings of J.R.R Tolkein... You'll pay for that hellspawn!

I am a snob and I am proud of it but I also like a good poo joke every now and then too.

Henri De Ceredigion

Re: Stuart Era group sought.

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Thrud wrote:Hi Folks, I am looking to join a UK group (not area specific) that is focused on the Stuart era if possible. Living History only, I am a bit too old for fighting and always preferred the day to day life stuff from when I was in the White Company. Answers on a postcard please! I am based in Scotland but I have a van and I can travel.

Well, might I suggest A Moment in Time (http://mitlivinghistory.co.uk/) which deals with the Stuart era (and seeing that if I am able to attend one of their events I would go as a Stuart era Member of Parliament) but if you do happen to find a specifically Stuart era group (who have an interest in doing things in Mid Wales) then I would very much like to know about them!

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:07 pm

My friend Jenn works for the Stuart Society. I think she's also involved in LH for the era too.

Not sure if she's on here? I'll send her this way.

K

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:24 am

Which bit of the Stuart era? It covers 3/4 of the 17th century.

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Tod wrote:Which bit of the Stuart era? It covers 3/4 of the 17th century.

Well, I have always considered the Stuart era to be from 1625 (Charles I) up until the Commonwealth (1642) with the Restoration being a separate era altogether. Is that the correct view?

Merlon.
Post Centurion

Postby Merlon. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Incorrect.
Begins 1603 with James I / VI
Last Stuart Monarch is Queen Anne 1702 -1714

Sir Hugo

Postby Sir Hugo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 pm

Incorrect. Mary Queen of Scots became the first " Stuart" as opposed to " Stewart " whilst being raised in France. I do understand that in England most people regard the Stuart period from 1603 whe James VI of Scots became James I of the British Isles. Anyway.....great period to recreate.

Hugo

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:57 pm

God save Henry the 9th!

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Dowsabella

Postby Dowsabella » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:19 pm

we are a small but enthusiastic living history group called Seventeenth Century Life and Times. we cover from approx. 1620 to 1680, more usually 1640s and 1650s .We have an artillery piece and muskets when we are allowed to fire them. sorry I didn't see your post before as we have had some good events this summer. We don't have a base , we meet up at events which are all over the country ( not Scotland unfortunately. due to a long and complicated story our web site is down at the moment so please PM me if you want to know more,

Return to “Societies”