Ancient Egyptian bowls required

Moderator: Moderators

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Ancient Egyptian bowls required

Postby frances » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 pm

A friend has just emailed me and asked:

"I need some small bowls or dishes, and possibly other useful/practical replica artefacts such as period-looking utensils" for ancient Egyptian filming.

Not my period, but if there is someone in the (south) London area who make/loan/hire out suitable items I would be grateful.

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Re: Ancient Egyptian bowls required

Postby frances » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:02 am

Here is some more information that I have also posted in buy and sell:

A friend of mine wants some artifacts that will look (with eyes squinted) Ancient Egyptian on camera. He needs them in about 2 weeks for the TV. He lives in south London.

He says:

"what I'm most after is small bowls. I have some, which are really crude dip or crème brulée (or small tapas) dishes and bowls, but I don’t have enough of these. If I had just 6-8 more that’d be very handy. They don’t have to be 100% authentically ancient, as the ones I am using aren’t, it’s more a kind of atmosphere thing for displaying the ancient pigments they used on camera. I'm sure there are medieval ones that’s fit the bill out there. Ideally, they should have a diameter of no more than 3-4 inches.

Also, it’d be nice to have some small utensils

I’d also be very interested in any small stoneware jars or pots that might look ok."

Can anyone help?

SalahaddinVsAltair

Re: Ancient Egyptian bowls required

Postby SalahaddinVsAltair » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I think you can find some on ebay...but probably this is not the cheapest choice.

Return to “2000BC-55BC”