Pattern suggestion for 1945 skirt and jacket needed

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

sally
Post Knight

Pattern suggestion for 1945 skirt and jacket needed

Postby sally » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:24 am

I'm about to start knitting myself the 'Victory' sweater from the V&A (http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/image/13096-popup.html) and need to make myself a skirt and jacket to go with it. Can anyone point me towards a pattern for a Utility style skirt and jacket please that would be suitable. I'm planning on making the jumper in the shades pictured, and have a bolt of a suiting weight navy wool that might be suitable for the suit, just need to find an appropriate pattern.

Any suggestions?
:D

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Re: Pattern suggestion for 1945 skirt and jacket needed

Postby Shadowcat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:01 am

I have a book of ideas and a few patterns with one of those cloth covers, so I guess it's wartime.I'll have a look later when the DH gets back - It's on the top shelf!

Suzi

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Postby Shadowcat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Sorry Sally, got sidetracked. There are graph patterns in my book for skirts, a couple, jackets ditto, a blouse, union suit, trousers, weskit (sic) etc. I am not exactly sure of the date but I suspect the 40's - there is no publication date but the book is bound in cloth as were so many books at the end of the war. Are you coming my way at all?

Suzi

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Postby Shadowcat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:31 am

Sounds good to me - please avoid September 11th to 30th - doing a fully paid for lecture tour (!) and then off to Spain for a few days. Any time after that you would be more than welcome.

Suzi

Return to “Costumes”