Tewkesbury

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

the real lord duvet

Re: Tewkesbury

Postby the real lord duvet » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:55 pm

fair solution..... Have to write to every reenactor and tell them to pay to park? Or maybe expect every hanger on to pay?

The show is already ticket only and has cut back on 'hangers on' coming for a holiday.

Actually, some of the big trading shows are very limiting on the number of free tickets they give to "hangers on" these days. At detling one friend had to get reenactor tickets in order to get his staff and delivery people because the organidors decided 1 car and 3 staff per pitch.

My views are not the views of the committee.

But how about lateral thinking, they're not cgarging extra for caravans and trailers yet..... If you tow your second vehicle on and off site................

hamster

Postby hamster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:21 am

Uncle Bulgaria wrote:I still feel that charging traders £10 to park when we have already paid to be there is out of order. Maybe if we had been told about this when you took our money we would not be in this position now! Why do re_enactors not have to pay? Why do re-enactors get to park their cars next to there tents in the plastic camp? And by the way that is no way a slurr to the re-enactors but an observation!

it is not a case that you are being charged £10 per van/car if as most traders do bring 1 van / car also +trailer it will have no effect at all
over the past few years that some not all have been bringing 2-3 cars / vans and putting them in the public parking = loss of revenue (over the course of 1 day that space can be used by 4/5 cars)as in the constitution we can never charge for entry to the festival etc / please note last weekend cost at templecombe entry was £6 per adult (yes i know some of that gos to charity but some also covers costs).

Uncle Bulgaria wrote:what I have is a business and livelihood to maintain.

i totaly understand that traders have the above but i also know that tewkesbury contributes a very large % of the traders income for the year as they have a captive re enactor 2000+ customer base not to mention the mops (this is my personal view and observation not t m f )

parking and re enactors do not get any money for attending they put on a free show to the public and parking next to tents is discoraged as its a fire hazzard also waste of avalible camping space , also some groups try to limit the amount of cars / vans to save on costs .

mops yes they are asked to pay for parking but festival entry is free

if you pm me with the Qs or your phone no i will try to address them or forward to the director concerned this also go's for any of the other traders etc

van/car passes are the sent to them for the area they are allocated to park/camp in be it traders or re enactors it is also the security pass to get you into the site over the weekend fri-sun/monday thats why you are asked to fill it in before arrival and display in the window car/van
so we can guide you to the correct areas it also contains your contact details so if its in a fire lane or acess is required we can get hold of you

i hope this ans some of the debate regarding the £20 for extra cars/vans

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 am

hamster wrote: over the past few years that some not all have been bringing 2-3 cars / vans and putting them in the public parking = loss of revenue (over the course of 1 day that space can be used by 4/5 cars)

And 2 cars take up less parking space than a large van or car & trailer how exactly? Presumably you think that we bring additional vehicles just to inconvenience you while increasing our own costs at the same time, rather than from necessity. If we could reduce our overheads by travelling together don't you think we would?

hamster wrote:...i also know that tewkesbury contributes a very large % of the traders income for the year as they have a captive re enactor 2000+ customer base not to mention the mops (this is my personal view and observation not t m f )

It also costs more to trade at Tewkesbury than most other events of this type which charge a flat £50 pitch fee. From my pov the number of reenactors is irrelevant as most of my business is with the mop.

hamster wrote:parking and re enactors do not get any money for attending they put on a free show to the public

and traders are not an attraction? In which case, why bother having us at all?

hamster wrote:i hope this ans some of the debate regarding the £20 for extra cars/vans

Not really. It doesn't address why you were not up-front about the additional costs and why you made no attempt to address this issue on the application forms. If trader parking was such a big deal for you last year why has this only come up a few weeks before the event when we are already committed? An extra 50p on the mop parking would net you far more revenue if cost is the issue and as you admit that most traders will be unaffected, presumably the amount of space required for second vehicles is not huge, so I can only view this move with cynicism.

houseoffreyja

Postby houseoffreyja » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 am

I agree with Cherry. An up to date field plan would be nice. I thought I was at the end of a row, but I may not be now. I've had this in the past with Tewkesbury.
Why bother asking you where you want to be, if they then move you and change the layout?
Elaine

hamster

Postby hamster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:52 pm

can someone please confirm uncle bulgarias trading name please thanx

hamster

Postby hamster » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 am

Dear Traders
Thank you for your concerns. Last year we had several problems with vehicles being left on site with no way to get hold of their owners and this caused blockages.We would like to remind you that you MUST fill in your windscreen pass with a contact number; and that phone MUST be on. We also had a problem with vehicles etc. being parked in the 'authentic' area which, as you can appreciate by the title, is supposed to be as authentic as possible. Due to this, this year we decided it was necessary to change the system slightly.

Vehicles can be sensibly brought back on to the site after 6p.m. when the site closes and must be removed from the site by 10am in the morning before trading commences as with other years. If you require your vehicle to stay on site when trading is taking place then you need a badge which will be given to you when you arrive and must be pre-ordered other wise your vehicle is at risk of towing.

Obviously if your car has a disabled badge you will be using the disabled parking area. All non disabled cars will be in the normal car park as this is the only area we have available to us that is tarmacked and therefore not at risk of Tewkesbury temperamental weather.

The additional charge was not mentioned before as it was not passed by the directors until recently and was imposed to keep site traffic to a minimum on site. This decision has been deffered to next year to give traders plenty of warning.

hamster wrote:mailto:medievalfestivaltraders@googlemail.com
I hope this answers your concerns but If I have failed to mention anything you would like to query please feel free to e-mail me back.
Kind regards

Teri Watkins
Traders Director.

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:29 am

hamster wrote:I hope this answers your concerns but If I have failed to mention anything you would like to query please feel free to e-mail me back.

Yes, thank you, Teri :*

Does this mean that you will have additional passes available for second vehicles on arrival?

Also, elsewhere on this forum mention has been made of difficulty getting a mobile signal on the site.

the real lord duvet

Postby the real lord duvet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:15 am

Ania

Everyone of any importance onsite has a radio all the time.

They might not be willing to take over the airwaves with your discussion and are quite likely to have other more pressing things that mean they can't just drop everything to come running over straight away but you can still contact people to arrange a meeting when they are free if you have no mobile signal.

Several people don't like to give out their domestic mobile number to all and sundry at events anyway.

Andy

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:54 pm

the real lord duvet wrote:Ania

Everyone of any importance onsite has a radio all the time.

They might not be willing to take over the airwaves with your discussion and are quite likely to have other more pressing things that mean they can't just drop everything to come running over straight away but you can still contact people to arrange a meeting when they are free if you have no mobile signal.

Several people don't like to give out their domestic mobile number to all and sundry at events anyway.

Andy

Umm, Andy, I'm not sure what you are referring to by "your discussion" but my point was in reply to Teri stating :
hamster wrote: Last year we had several problems with vehicles being left on site with no way to get hold of their owners and this caused blockages.We would like to remind you that you MUST fill in your windscreen pass with a contact number; and that phone MUST be on.

If there is no signal on the phone you can't contact people that way and it makes no difference if the phone is on or not - the PA system would presumably be more effective in tracking people down to remove vehicles :)

hamster

Postby hamster » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:36 am

message from terri

if you have applied for the second car pass and it can be posted out in time then they will be posted to you it will still be a case of no pass no entry unless agreed befor hand hope this helps diane aka hamster

greenland_and_game

Postby greenland_and_game » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:42 am

I sent an email to Terri last Thursday requesting a second car pass. I asked if she would send me an email just to confirm my request. As usual she didn't bother. As you've stated - no pass, no entry, so it's important that we know what's going on.

Why can't she just be a little more courteous?

Anyway Diane, thank you for passing on the message. We would like one extra car pass. See you at Tewkesbury.

Alex

Supplying rocks, gems, minerals, fossils and associated products.

Return to “Traders Discussion”