Tewkesbury

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Drachelis

Tewkesbury

Postby Drachelis » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Has anyone heard back after sending in their booking forms or had their cheques cashed?

I didn't get a form in the mail out but my mail was dodgy for a time - so mailed them and asked for one - silence!
I mailed again - and still silence
I got a copy of the forms from another trader, duly filled them in and sent them off with a cheque.

I then mailed again after a month to check that they had received it as the cheque hadn't been cashed and yes - silence

If no one else has heard or had their cheques cashed, I will feel less paranoid

Cherry
Shadowlight Designs

Ems-world

Re: Tewkesbury

Postby Ems-world » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi - we will hear by end of April.

Drachelis

Postby Drachelis » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Contact made now

Thanks

Cherry
Shadowlight Designs

Jackie Phillips

Postby Jackie Phillips » Thu May 06, 2010 11:11 am

I still haven't heard anything. I've just e-mailed through the website, and I'm hoping to hear back later, but I'm really scared now.

My cheque has not been cashed, should I be worried?

Jackie

Trust your instincts, whatever else you do.

Ems-world

Postby Ems-world » Thu May 06, 2010 11:57 am

Same here - was told we would hear by end of April, sent e-mail through website yesterday, but not heard anything.

hamster

Postby hamster » Thu May 06, 2010 12:04 pm

hi all
am on the case have e-mailed terri and sam to find out if any hold ups will post as soon as have an ans
hammy

Jackie Phillips

Postby Jackie Phillips » Thu May 06, 2010 12:22 pm

hamster wrote:hi all
am on the case

Thanks, much appreciated, I know I'm not the only one worried. I'm sure they're now being inundated with queries to add to an already heavy workload, but it's so important for so many of us.

I wonder if, next year, we all included an SAE with our forms, whether a standard pre-printed - "we have received your application" ticket could be sent out, it would stop us worrying that our forms had never arrived. Might stop our fussing at this point?

Jackie

hamster

Postby hamster » Thu May 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Jackie Phillips wrote: wonder if, next year, we all included an SAE with our forms, whether a standard pre-printed - "we have received your application" ticket could be sent out, it would stop us worrying that our forms had never arrived. Might stop our fussing at this point?

Jackie

totally agree

Cap-a-pie

Postby Cap-a-pie » Thu May 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Fantastic Idea -

Suppliers of Authentic Medieval Maille

http://www.capapie.co.uk

Jackie Phillips

Postby Jackie Phillips » Thu May 06, 2010 12:52 pm

If the ticket went out with the forms (was even part of the form?) we could put it in the envelope ourselves and then it only needs mailing at the other end....

hamster

Postby hamster » Thu May 06, 2010 1:49 pm

here is official reply from traders organisers

Hi Diane

Replies about pitches should be going out today in email form and letters being posted tomorrow after I finish Uni for the day.
Hope this helped

Ems-world

Postby Ems-world » Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Have now got our conformation e-mail, many thanks - looking forward it :D

Cap-a-pie

Postby Cap-a-pie » Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Just had an e-mail confirmation - :D

See you all at Tewks

Suppliers of Authentic Medieval Maille

http://www.capapie.co.uk

Drachelis

Postby Drachelis » Thu May 06, 2010 9:05 pm

We have just received our e-mail confirmation
See you there

Cherry
Shadowlight Designs

hamster

Postby hamster » Fri May 21, 2010 10:52 pm

mailto:medievalfestivaltraders@googlemail.com
okhere is the official line re pitch nos etc , All those who are coming have been allicated if you have not got any reply via e or snail mail then please contact the above and Sam will try to sort asap she might take a couple of days as got exams but she will get back to you if you dont get a reply please let me know all the paper work passes etc etc will be out in the post in the next 2-3weeks one big thing you need to note arrival time on the friday for traders is 1pm onwards your car pass Must be displayed on arrival

Uncle Bulgaria

Postby Uncle Bulgaria » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Am somewhat angry/bemused at letter that has arrived today regarding Tewkesbury trading.

We are NOW being told after happily taking our money!, that we are to "apply" for ONE car pass only for our pitch???????? It would appear from the letter that the second car i.e. business partner, (bearing in mind one car comes from London and one car comes from Lincolnshire) that I am going to have to pay £20 (per day) for the second car to park????? In our original paperwork, which we have just checked from front to back, does it state or give any forms for vehicle details?

Can anyone please let me know whether they are encountering the same problems and what can be done about it. Surely it is in breech of sale if they have taken money for one thing and then are now demanding more money for their change of plan???? If I carged a customer £50 for an item and they happily sent the money, do you not think I would be in a fair amount of trouble is I then demanded another £20 before they get the good.

Also, given the rate of their snail mail does anyone have a telephone number that I can contact any of the committee on please

Any help gratefully received

UB

This life must be a test, if it were the real thing we'd have been given better instructions.

gingham chicken

Postby gingham chicken » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:03 pm

I have received my papers from tewkesbury today and although I'm happy that I've got a pitch and thankfully dont need an extra car pass(I think that having to pay for an extra pass is a real cheek....it SHOULD have been mentioned on the application form)I'm a bit fed up to say the least that I have been pitched amongst the modern traders. I know that the handmade goods and haberdashery that i sell are modern goods but I have
an authentic tent and kit .........aaaaargh..

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm well p*ssed off about the extra car pass, which is a bloomin' cheek at this late stage. My colleague and I travel seperately from different locations so will now have to pony up an extra £20 or contrive to travel together somehow and bring a trailer, which will be hugely inconvenient and not take up any less space than 2 cars anyway. Am not a happy bunny and completely in agreement that this should have been mentioned in the application.

Uncle Bulgaria

Postby Uncle Bulgaria » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:50 pm

I am desperately trying to get a telephone number so that I can speak to someone/anyone!

Given the confusing and non grammatical letter we received today and the similar even more confusing emails we have had in the past, I want to actually speak to somebody and not wait for another slow time coming email that also makes little sense. :thumbdown:

Why can't people realise that this is our livelyhoods and given that I HAVE PAYED THEM!

Doesn't matter what avenue I go down, I cannot find a telephone number.

Have just spoken to another "lovely" trader on the phone and they are now not sure whether or what vehicle pass they should/are applying for as it doesn't actually state what the vehicle passes have been issued for as to whether or not it is suitable???????

The problem being that I sleep in my vehicle so if they now say I can't, I would have to cough up parking fee and accomodation :devil: Maybe I just ask for my money back and compensation for loss of sales ]:)

This life must be a test, if it were the real thing we'd have been given better instructions.

greenland_and_game

Postby greenland_and_game » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Yes,

We've received our letter of confirmation today along with a very ambiguous letter stating that additional parking passes will be issued for a £20 fee.

Is this fee relevant for all areas of parking? Do they really expect us to pay £20 to park in an non-secure car park where cars have been broken into in the past?

The lack of communication from Tewkesbury this year has been appalling: emails have not been responded to and there's no phone number to contact them.

Please come back Amanda.

Supplying rocks, gems, minerals, fossils and associated products.

Drachelis

Postby Drachelis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Got all my details today - everything seems fine although the pitch we have been allocated doesn't appear on the original field plan - I presume that another couple of pitches have been added to the E row as it had 12 rather than the 14 on the other rows. we aren't in our usual place but I am happy where we are allocated ( if indeed there is a pitc
Sh)

An up to date field plan would be great if at all possible.

Cherry
hadowlight Designs

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Well last year was pretty bad in terms of the communication, which in my case was a delayed (and slightly terse) response to my polite enquiry as to whether I had a trading place, as I had heard nothing whatever since sending my cheque some two months previously. When the paperwork finally arrived, they hadn't bothered to put a stamp on it so it cost me another £1.30 to get the Post Office to hand it over. (No offer of recompense, needless to say). :thumbdown:

Less of a communication problem this year, though that might just be that my expectations were not exactly high. However, I will concede that stitching us up on the parking not only takes the proverbial biscuit but casually dunks it before tossing the soggy remains at our livelihood in a most derisory fashion. :crazy:

Gingham Chicken - we had the same thing last year with being stuck in the plastics despite the authentic tent, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, we got good passing trade which is the main thing. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the allocation once you are out of the medieval traders bit anyway, with plastic stuff and vehicles mixed in with authentic tents all over the shop.
Last edited by Ania M on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gingham chicken

Postby gingham chicken » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Ania..many thanks .....a couple of years ago I was put amongst the plastics and charity stalls and it was ok until a group of belly dancers started up in front of my stall and killed trade... also one of the plastics reversed into my van and implied it was my fault until he admitted that he hadnt looked in his mirrors!!!!!!

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Oh dear :(

What is it with belly dancers at these events anyway? Ok, so they're period, but not in rural England :eh:

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:46 pm

£20 is a rip off to park for a day, wonder if they are charging the Mops that much too, I cant see them charging shoppers in the town that much so it may be better just to find another place to park the second vehicle uncle bulgie instead of the proper car park, ( it may be safer too )

forges, fireboxes tools and more.
http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/52487
new stuff inc chainshot + grenadoes.
visit my place and have a go

hamster

Postby hamster » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Ok some of you are getting ones knickers in a twist the cost for addional vehicles is £20 per weekend
not perday
[quote="greenland_and_game"]The lack of communication from Tewkesbury this year has been appalling: emails have not been responded to and there's no phone number to contact them.

as to this I did explain we were having a few issues with the e-mails going astray and have tryed to get ans to people as quick as possible ,some of you have got in touch with myself and have had a quick ans even if its just hang fire will be back with ans in a couple of days,

how much parking space do you think 2000+re enactors plus all you traders take up also there is the public to fit in as well
we at tewkesbury are non profit making we have to pay for the space that is provided also security to keep an eye out for the undesirables about ,

if you are that peed off why not offer to be on the tewkesbury organising commity then you might just realise that a hell of a lot of work is put into this also not charged for,

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:52 pm

How much are you charging the reenactors and mops for parking?

greenland_and_game

Postby greenland_and_game » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Hamster,
Who do we contact?

I met 2 fellow traders at the weekend in a beer tent, who asked if we had had any contact from Tewks this year, they are still waiting for an application form!

Supplying rocks, gems, minerals, fossils and associated products.

Uncle Bulgaria

Postby Uncle Bulgaria » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Dear hamster

I do not have my knickers in a twist, what I have is a business and livelihood to maintain.

I have sent emails but what comes back is confusing and gramatically challenging.

As for my organisational ability, not only do I manage home, kids, business ooh and I have organised bosworth, blore and several other large events non of which do I feel I need to write in red!

I still feel that charging traders £10 to park when we have already paid to be there is out of order. Maybe if we had been told about this when you took our money we would not be in this position now! Why do re_enactors not have to pay? Why do re-enactors get to park their cars next to there tents in the plastic camp? And by the way that is no way a slurr to the re-enactors but an observation!

Traders pay a large part of the income of tewkesbury and yet you still want more we would simply like to know why? It seems a fair question to ask. Many of us do not have another job to go to on Monday morning having had a nice weekend away with friends.

And yes I am waiting for email responses and or a phone call.

I came on here to try and get questions answered.

UB

Return to “Traders Discussion”