Public liability insurance

Moderator: Moderators

DeMeer

Public liability insurance

Postby DeMeer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:54 am

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this or if indeed i can so here goes.
Our public liability is due at the end of this month and i think who we have is getting expensive so i am just wondering if anyone can recommend a company. We do re-enactment, archery (not public shooting) and living history. We usually have a 5 million pound insurance. Also we carry all our equipment in our van and i am struggling to get contents cover at a reasonable price so if anyone can suggest someone for that would be eternally grateful.

Cheers
Sharron

Tangnef llaes serch

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Re: Public liability insurance

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:34 am

forges, fireboxes tools and more.
http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/52487
new stuff inc chainshot + grenadoes.
visit my place and have a go

Colin Middleton
Absolute Wizard

Postby Colin Middleton » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:40 pm

John Hughes is the big name in re-enactment PLI. You might also want to ask any 'umbarella' group to which you belong. I know that both the EMA and WotR Federation are doing things in this direction for their members.

There's usually a discussion on this subject in the Frends and Gossip area. I suspect ID's link is to the current one.

Colin

"May 'Blood, blood, blood' be your motto!"

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Postby Fox » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:58 pm

The EMA policy has always been through John Hughes at the Insurance Partnership (unfortunately now closed to new applications for 2010)

John Hughes is now no longer at the Insurance Partnership; the broker there is now Paul Buckle.

The Insurance Partnership policy (via Hiscox) does offer "property" cover, and indeed many groups on the EMA policy make use of it.

I believe John Hughes has moved on to pastures new, but will be offering re-enactment policies with his new company.

DeMeer

Postby DeMeer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Fox & Colin,

We are with The Insurance Partnership at the moment and have been for a few years i just thought they were getting expensive. I did enquire about property cover last year and the price John Huges quoted me was to be honest rediculous. Ours is up for renewal at the end of this month and i was just wondering if i could look elsewhere. Thanks for the replies guys.

Cheers

Sharron

Tangnef llaes serch

*mythos*

Postby *mythos* » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:28 am

Try The Shooters Rights Association:

10 Million Public liability and extensive coverage (archery, black powder inc) Cost £150 for 10 members

01239 698607

Ubi Bene, Ibi Patria

Return to “1100-1500”