Review of Steel Mastery

Historic questions, thoughts and other interesting stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Ayliffe's Steve

Review of Steel Mastery

Postby Ayliffe's Steve » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:11 pm

I received armour from Steel Mastery and I thought I would tell everyone what I think about it.

I ordered a Klappervisor Bascinet, a pair of legs and couters (gauntlets were also ordered but they were not mine).

The lid is superb, it has an interchangable bar grill along with its normal visor and they both fit perfectly. In retrospect I should have bought the liner that was offered but you live and learn. It seems like it could stop a bomb blast and the vision it offers is impressive. The holes for the aventail all line up nicely and it is quite simply exactly what I was hoping for.

The legs are very nice. They fit like a glove and move through the full range of motion well. I might need to file down the very top right corner of the wrap plate as it digs slightly into my buttocks when I lean back. Other than that very very minor point they are pretty much perfect.

The couters are great, they come with a strap and prepared point holes for easy jack attachment and are big enough to keep my elbows safe.

Communication: 10/10
Yurii and myself communicated numerous times, I do not think I ever waited more than a day for a reply to any communication that I sent.

Timetable: 10/10
The armour was sent the day he said it would be and arrived on my door step two and a half weeks later - the day he said it would! I paid on May 25th and received the items June 27th.

Customer service 11/10
At one point Yurii queried some of my more impulsive requests as he felt they might be unnecessary and I would regret them later. Even though it cost him money!!! It turns out he was right so I guess he knows what he is talking about.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending steel mastery to others!

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.

We are the GCoT - you will be assimilated.

latheaxe

Postby latheaxe » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:57 pm

Baaaaah!..I thought Yurri was my closely guarded secret lol.. :twisted:
I have a Klappvisor and a great helm of him,all i can say is fantastic,i dont' think anyone can make the quality in this country for the same price..The Klappvisor fits like a glove and the great helm,i have yet to pad out.
Again both was made in two weeks and delivered in 3 weeks,Ukraine post is very very slow..A trustworthy guy who can make you drool at some of the things he makes... :wink:

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:40 pm

I have had no end of problems with them they took ages to reply to my emails and i have been waiting for a response to 4 or 5 emails for about 2 weeks now i have had the first part of my amour and it is lovly i just need to get the rest though has anyone els found this... i am worried because i have payed my money and still not had the armour though.... its been about a month since they sent the package and there is still nothing here!

Earl Mortimer

Postby Earl Mortimer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:47 pm

I think the problem is the amount of stuff they sell.I've found that when they have it in stock already then they reply to your emails quick and you get your order fast.

But when you order a piece thats not of the peg, for example you tick all the little extras on the order sheet then this is when the commuction slows up and your order takes forever to be made and delivered. I have the T shirt so i know.

I too have orders waiting to be delivered and money in there account but i'm not worried i know what there like so i just wait :)

Good stuff but expect to wait for some items is my advise

Shane

The Swords Of Mercia Society
http://www.swordsofmercia.co.uk/
The Exiles
www.the-exiles.org.uk/

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:00 pm

cool thanks i have part of the armour and its amazing stuff some of the best i have seen just want the rest. if its something that other people experance then i wont worry and will just wait.

i wanted to just see if this was normal thats all

thanks shane

Type16
Location: ........................... Wherever the Marcher Freemen go!! www.marcherfreemen.org.uk

Postby Type16 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:21 pm

latheaxe wrote:I have a Klappvisor

Marc,
Beware of deranged dyslexics when you are dead on the battlefield
Sounds like an instruction
ie. Cr*pinvisor
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archers have a way of making their point
Walk softly & carry a big (pointy) stick

www.marcherfreemen.org.uk
www.andysherriff.co.uk ---- First Aid for Re-enactors

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:19 pm

haha i like that i have a klappvisor as well i will remember that advise.

Ayliffe's Steve

Postby Ayliffe's Steve » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Steel mastery have been having problems lately.

There are some guys on the armour archive whos orders are months and months behind.

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.

We are the GCoT - you will be assimilated.

Sir Rupert

Postby Sir Rupert » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Greystoke, what are you still waiting for? Are you going to bring the stuff you HAVE got this weekend?

"Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking..."

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:23 pm

well my lord im waiting for the arms and and leg armour to come though next

and i will be bringin all have at the weekend.

Sir Rupert

Postby Sir Rupert » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Ah, the important bits then! You'll definitely be needing those.

See you at the weekend young man :D

"Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking..."

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:27 pm

just back the subject at hand my biggest problem is that i'm not gettin any replies from my emails that i am sending them, just would like an update on whats going on thats all really

Frances Perry

Postby Frances Perry » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:29 am

Well, I bought a gambeson from them through their ebay site and it was sent mega fast - excellent item for sparring too!

Yurri has always been top notch for me, even when I ordered some leg armour last year to my own measurements.

http://www.medievalartandwoodcraft.com

“In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use.” Achille Marozzo, 1536

Sir John Greystoke

Postby Sir John Greystoke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:21 pm

I have now had the Armour though and Im really happy with it I no it can take time and most of the time its late what ever you do I just wished they had replied to my emails sooner and told me it was on its way they just seemed to disapear that was all I was worried about

I can recormend them to anyone the stuff they turn out for the money is amazing I would never have being able to afford the armour I have now if it was at uk prices!

Return to “General History”