catiriors for weeding

Moderator: Moderators

loubee

catiriors for weeding

Postby loubee » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:09 pm

im hoping to get maried in 09 and im looking for medievil catiriors. the re-inactment society im a member of are all invited and i do not wish for them to cook im looking for some peole to cook a banquit for about 50-100 people and who can give me a guide price. i would be grate full if any one can give me links to web sights or adreses

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:34 pm

We have catered for several re-enactment weddings. Gareth is the author of several recipe books and is a qualified chef. We can do any level of authenticity you like though location may be an issue if you aren't close enough to transport food to easily. (We are based in Wales but happy to travel if the kitchen at the venue is suitable)

Any idea what you want menu-wise? Most medieval wedding feasts that we have done have been two or three returns, with each return haveing a starter, main course and dessert seperated by an edible subtlety.

Price will depend on exact menu and whether you want staff, crockery, cutlery, tablesettings and drinks supplying and that sort of thing. Estimate from £15 per head for something very basic at one return to £45+ a head for everything provided and two or three returns, so generally about the same price as taking everyone out for a curry if you want to look at it that way, but infinitely more exciting in content!

loubee

Postby loubee » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:40 pm

i live in meryside but i am hoping to get maried in yourk or suthen scotland i have been looking at venues in merys side and i can pm you the venues i have in mind. though whales is an opthion
Last edited by loubee on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Aha, you are the lady I have been talking dresses to aren't you!

See if you can find a local caterer first, its much easier for you and them, as all caterers like to use local sources for food. However, in principle we are happy to travel to cook, as long as we can have the kitchen from the day before as we need far more time to set up if we can't bring part of the food still chilled with us. If you have no joy locally, feel free to discuss with us further and perhaps some of the other people we have cooked for here will let you know whether they liked what we did for them and suggest alterations from the wedding parties point of view. We are very flexible andhave in our times catered for all sorts of very wierd and wonderful events :D

loubee

Postby loubee » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:03 pm

ah yes i dident reilais that it was you :)

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:05 pm

loubee wrote:ah yes i dident reilais that it was you :)

yep, not sure whether that makes us merely adaptable or down right pernicious :oops:

loubee

Postby loubee » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:14 pm

i will look at other caterers but i would save me having 100 difrent orginisathions/people to get the weding sorted. *lol at the coincadatce*

Return to “Food and Drink”