Corsets

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Corsets

Postby frances » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:09 am

Cannot post on the old forum at the moment, so continuing on here. Clever move Cal!!

Dear Annie, stuff is arriving little by little. thanks. Loved the story about the groom and mother-in-law whose bride and husband mysteriously died and the two rushed off to another town to marry. Just confirms my theory. That once we became humans we human beings have not changed one iota.

Dear Corsetangel, I have a friend, a very large lady, who has a leather corset for 17th century costume. I was looking at it one day and said - what are all these scratches on it from. She said it was her husband in a hurry!!

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:20 pm

Hmm. Noone else seems to be in around here. I thought that the remove-your-lower-ribs thing was an urban myth. Doesn't current research indicate that it never really happened. Can anyone find a quote yea or nay?

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:25 pm

Hello, hello. anyone out there?

Well, on the other site nutmeg_bec seems to agree with my last comment. I have a gap between my ribcage and my hip-bones, so all the soft stuff inside can be squished about fairly easily. So my rib-cage does not affect my waist measurement at all. Some people have a larger gap than others. Some people have no gap at all between, so can never achieve the 'tiny waist' look.

Panzerman

Postby Panzerman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:33 pm

I'm reading Frances - Anything to do with corsets, stays an dbones - I'm an avid reader :twisted:

Panz - Forum sniper - infiltrate - one shot - exfiltrate....

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:25 pm

Hello P-man. If you are interested there is a site called corsets and crinolines where all they talk about is - you guessed it, corsets and crinolines. All from an academic view-point. Then there are the sites about tight-lacing, which is quite popular theses days, for women and men. Did you know there is a tight-lacing ball once a year in London, where people get to show off all their beautiful corsets, outside and inside their costumes.

Annie the Pedler says that children as young as 3 were put into corsets. I am dubious. Stiff underthings and swaddling to keep bones straight and to hold up other under-things, yes. But 'corset' as we think of it - uplifted bustline, tiny waist and nice shaped hips, - well, I have my doubts.

Jenn R

Postby Jenn R » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:35 pm

Panz there are fetish sites that cater for a man of your tastes!!! :twisted:

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Children's corsets

Postby Shadowcat » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:46 pm

I have a picture of a fully boned (whalebone) corset to fit a girl child of 18 months to two years, according to the Museum it is in. This is not stiff underthings or swaddling but a true 18th century corset, supporting the body, not shaping it. I also recently bought a postcard of a boy child wearing a similarly boned bodice - the bones clearly indicated. He was about 18 months old at most. The first is from Copenhagen, the second from the Prado (I think) in Madrid.

Panzerman

Postby Panzerman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:57 pm

Are you sure this is the right size?

Corset is!

Panzerman

Postby Panzerman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:58 pm

Breathe in and say

CHEEEEEEEESE!

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Dear P'man, love the pics. Could be that they are skinny little wenches and the sticky-out bits are all padding!!

By the way, very small-sized accurate corsets could be apprentice-pieces or models that sales-people carried round with them to show what the full-sized would look like.

Panzerman

Postby Panzerman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:05 pm

I have extensive libraries and web site addresses for this kind of thing (yes I know what you are thinking but it's not that kind of an interest.... I have five daughters some of whom are interested in textiles, fashion, design and the history of costume!)

So I will have a peep and see if there are any pictures of children in corsetage...... Decent ones of course int eh vein I already posted..... You should seee some of them!!!!! :roll:

Panzerman

Postby Panzerman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:12 pm

Like this

or on this page
www.corsetsandcrinolines.com/.../ September2001/

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:30 am

Dear P-man. I really look forward to seeing more of your pics.
A couple of suggestions. Would you please also post the date and source of the images. Also I wonder if it might be better to put the pics on a website and then give us the address of the pics. I say this because it is taking absolutely ages for this thread to download onto my computer and I am on dial-up. Infact I am beginning toget quite frustrated with this new site because of it.

Panzerman

Postby Panzerman » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:32 am

Sorry Mistress (WHOOPS! wrong forum!) :twisted:

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:48 am

What are you doing up so early/late then??

corsetangel

Postby corsetangel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:39 pm

Frances leather seems to have that effect on men !!!!

Sorry for the delay in responding but have just been referred to this thread and if anyone is curious as to what I do please take the time to look at my temp gallery www.corset-angel.com
all feedback welcome

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:40 pm

Tried to post this on the old site, but it did not want to know.
If you fancy trying a commerically made corset style of bodice they are currently available in TK Maxx - well the one in Croydon anyway. There are loads of really nicely made, well-boned corset tops. Embroidered, beaded, with lacing-up holes at the back. They have nylon ribbons to lace-up as sold, but that can be changed. If you have never tried a corset these are worth buying at £12.99 to see how you feel about the idea.

corsetangel

Postby corsetangel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:30 pm

Thanks for the info Frances, I hasten to add though that there is a great difference between commercial corsets and the corsets that I make. To get the true feel of a corset you need to try on an authentic corset as the modern day corsets are very nice but cant take the strain required by tight lacing.
Clare and Shrops will have some of my corsets at Blore this weekend if anyone is interested in trying a fully steel boned corset.
Please take a look all feedback welcome

Angel

Sledge

Postby Sledge » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:42 pm

Wow - what a fantastic site - I think I need to start saving!!!! :) :)

Lozza

Auntiedom

Postby Auntiedom » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:59 pm

The best constructed commercial corset I have come across (steady Panzerman..) are the ones made by Vollers. They are the DBs. :wink:

corsetangel

Postby corsetangel » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:51 pm

Please feel free to come and view my corsets at the NLHF at the end of the month and give me your comments.

corsetangel

Postby corsetangel » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:52 pm

I am also an agent for Vollers and will have a few of their corsets at the show

Jenn R

Postby Jenn R » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:13 pm

I had a look at the Vollers website......beautiful stuff for sale....They have a lovely red and black brocade one....but ooooh errrrr, the prices!!!! :shock:

No I mustn't order another one until I have had SOME use out of the one I've ordered!!
Red and black brocade though.......mmmmm!!!
I'm sure the one I'm getting will be just as nice, if not nicer!!! :D

clare

Postby clare » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:32 pm

I have to just say that you have'nt seen a corset until your seen one of Kerie's......they are by far the best I have seen for the money.Check them out at the end of the month!

breasts are a blessing from god....just a shame i'm not christian!!!!!

Return to “Costumes”