Hastings contacts

Moderator: Moderators

Type16
Location: ........................... Wherever the Marcher Freemen go!! www.marcherfreemen.org.uk

Hastings contacts

Postby Type16 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:02 am

Hi
Our group are interested in attending Hastings this year.
Please can someone PM or post information on who we apply to?
Cheers.

Archers have a way of making their point
Walk softly & carry a big (pointy) stick

www.marcherfreemen.org.uk
www.andysherriff.co.uk ---- First Aid for Re-enactors

Neil of Ormsheim

Re: Hastings contacts

Postby Neil of Ormsheim » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:10 am

English Heritage are deciding who to invite to this years bash. If you have not already heard from them, I would either contact them ASAP or assume that you're not on the list for invites this year. Assuming you get an invite, once you are there, The Vikings will be doing the organisation for the authentic camps and battlefield activities - once EH have told them what they want........

Lurv 'n' Kizzez

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Postby Bad Viking » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:37 am

been trying to get our group to Hastings for a couple of years now - it seems to be - its who you know is the trick to getting an invite on to the list - have been a few times when with the Vikings , hey ho - maybe independent groups are not their thing.

I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

Type16
Location: ........................... Wherever the Marcher Freemen go!! www.marcherfreemen.org.uk

Postby Type16 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Very many thanks to you both.
I now have the EH contact details & will contact them asap...............and the Vikings thereafter.

Archers have a way of making their point
Walk softly & carry a big (pointy) stick

www.marcherfreemen.org.uk
www.andysherriff.co.uk ---- First Aid for Re-enactors

Medicus Matt
Post Knight

Postby Medicus Matt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:46 am

With a few exceptions, it's a lottery this year because of the cap on numbers, and it seems that lottery has already taken place.
From what I've heard from groups who haven't been succesful, there's a lot of good quality that won't be invited to take part this year.

"I never said that I was here to help."

Dingo8MyBaby

Postby Dingo8MyBaby » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Lets hope the logistics work better than the Dover Siege 1215 weekend has - reenactors arriving after an eight hour drive to find there was no space for them so they had to turn around and drive home.

IDEEDEE

Postby IDEEDEE » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:04 am

Given the "closed-shop" approach at Hastings this year.. Anyone up for a costumed "flash-mob" at the "real" battlefield site at Crowhurst.... I'm sure the Press would be keen... ;)

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:19 am

IDEEDEE wrote:Given the "closed-shop" approach at Hastings this year.. Anyone up for a costumed "flash-mob" at the "real" battlefield site at Crowhurst.... I'm sure the Press would be keen... ;)

Closed shop ? Please explain that it's a large event so you have to operate a cut off somewhere ?

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Warden_D

Postby Warden_D » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Good evening,

We were asked to feature the 950th Anniversary of the Battle of Hastings on our radio show called 'Harry & Edna on the Wireless'

It is an hour long show and includes interviews with re-enactors and period musicians.

You can hear the show by clicking on this link https://www.mixcloud.com/harryandedna/1066-battle-of-hastings/

So please have a listen while you are surfing

Toodle Pip

Harry & Edna

Return to “410-1100”