Posting weapons to Denmark

Moderator: Moderators

dbob.culley

Posting weapons to Denmark

Postby dbob.culley » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:53 pm

I am part of the vikings and one of our members who has recently moved to Denmark would like us to send him his axe he used in the UK, whatprocedures and regulations have to be followed to be able to send him this axe via the postal service

D.A.Culley

Neil of Ormsheim

Re: Posting weapons to Denmark

Postby Neil of Ormsheim » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Assuming it's a blunt, combat chopper...... I doubt that there are any rules and regs in place. I would suggest that wrapping it well to pad and disguise its' shape ought to be enough.
If in doubt, however, consult your local post office.

Lurv 'n' Kizzez

Medicus Matt
Post Knight

Postby Medicus Matt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:18 am

As it's an axe and therefore a tool, it's probably okay to post as long as you satisfy the post office requirements of covering the blade and making sure it's securely packaged.

Might be best to get him to check with the local police though, as Denmark has very, very strict rules on both the ownership of and importing of bladed weapons, even blunt ones. Throwing axes are on the list, as are "impact weapons", which may extend to blunt axes.

I know that you need a weapons permit in order to import them, and another one to own them.

"I never said that I was here to help."

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Correct, according to Danish law, it is a blunt weapon and you should have evidence that he has a blunt weapon collectors license before posting it. He can apply for this online and it takes a couple of months to process.

It would be easier for someone coming to an event here, such as Moesgård, to bring it out as the organisers will have arranged temporary permission for guests to carry blunt weapons and to use them. However, he will still need the full license in the medium term.

Please also remind him that to use blunt weapons for reenactment/living history/HEMA in Denmark, he will need another license for each and every weapon, and that means that he must be a member of a recognised group. The police do check, but if he is with a good group, they should have helped him with this already.

Feel free to point him my way if he is looking to discuss viking stuff in Denmark :D

Return to “410-1100”