Crafts display

Moderator: Moderators

Gullinbursti

Crafts display

Postby Gullinbursti » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:39 am

Hi everyone, new here on this forum.
Is anyone else into crafts displays?
I myself am doing purely civilian crafts displays in all three periods I have been doing.
In my case it is a first century provincial Roman goldsmith and a 15th century miniature
painter and gilder.
My momentary project is a 9th century goldsmith based on the finds from Haithabu/Hedeby.
I am curious if anyone has experiance with so called "pressblech" I know roughly how it is done,
and using brass is no problem, but I wonder how is it done with silver?
As silver should not get in contact with lead, as that could cause problems while using heat on
the silver.
Also has anyone buildt one of those small forges that one sees every now and then, that are
a bit bigger than a drawer? How exactly are they made? The visable parts are clear, but the non
visable part puzzels me a bit.
Would enjoy reading some opinions.

Medicus Matt
Post Knight

Re: Crafts display

Postby Medicus Matt » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:19 am

Thick leather or any other similarly soft medium can be used instead of the lead sheeting when making pressblech.

"I never said that I was here to help."

Gullinbursti

Re: Crafts display

Postby Gullinbursti » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:13 am

Medicus Matt wrote:Thick leather or any other similarly soft medium can be used instead of the lead sheeting when making pressblech.

Thanks, should have thought of that myself, but at least I know now how to make silver pressblech parts. :thumbup:

Return to “410-1100”