Tim Noyes swords

Moderator: Moderators

Tallphil84

Tim Noyes swords

Postby Tallphil84 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Just wanting a verdict on his dark age swords. I know what the 15th century ones are like (very good) but a member of one of my groups is asking about his dark age blades and no one I know has one.

Thanks

Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverence, Self controll and Indomitable Spirit

Medicus Matt
Post Knight

Re: Tim Noyes swords

Postby Medicus Matt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:33 am

Tallphil84 wrote:Just wanting a verdict on his dark age swords. I know what the 15th century ones are like (very good) but a member of one of my groups is asking about his dark age blades and no one I know has one.

Thanks

Blade quality is excellent and he's very good at making Migration period/early medieval hilt furniture if you give him designs to work from. He's made me 4 early med swords, three germanic and one pictish, all nice pieces. Prices have gone up dramatically since I first started ordering from him but, given the work that goes into them, they're still good value. Tend towards being a bit blade heavy (not dramatically) but then that suits some people.

However, I must say that I prefer the early med sword that Binnsy made for me. Handles better which, I think may just come down to the fact that Paul's also used to fighting with them.

Dark Age is too vague and wooly a term when talking about swords (or anything else really). The difference in hilt furniture in the relatively short period between 400-600 is huge and very distinctive, let alone that between 400-850.

"I never said that I was here to help."

WorkMonkey3

Re: Tim Noyes swords

Postby WorkMonkey3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am

Look nice. Good quality. He'll make it to your design, good price, quick turn around.

Heavy.

Return to “410-1100”