Hello Folks.

Moderator: Moderators

Thrud

Hello Folks.

Postby Thrud » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:31 am

Not new to re-enacting but looking to get into the Viking period, which is what we should have done at the start as it's the period we are most interested in.

We are based in mid Wales, does anyone know of any good groups to get in touch with?

Have looked at the vikings and there is a group affiliated to them in Shropshire which is do-able.

Open to suggestions.

Cheers
Rich

By the sacred toenail clippings of J.R.R Tolkein... You'll pay for that hellspawn!

I am a snob and I am proud of it but I also like a good poo joke every now and then too.

nathan

Postby nathan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Regia have a presence in Shropshire and South Wales (Cardiff & Swansea ways).

PM me for contact details.

N.

http://www.conroidevey.co.uk
Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thrud

Postby Thrud » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:08 pm

I met a load of Regia chaps in Shrewsbury but to be honest they concentrated too much on conquest era and we would like to be a bit earlier than that.

Nice bunch of people though, very friendly.

By the sacred toenail clippings of J.R.R Tolkein... You'll pay for that hellspawn!

I am a snob and I am proud of it but I also like a good poo joke every now and then too.

Neil of Ormsheim

Postby Neil of Ormsheim » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Check us out....

http://www.vikingsonline.org.uk/

We do all sorts of time lines..... main period is 10th century

Lurv 'n' Kizzez

Thrud

Postby Thrud » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:41 pm

You were the first lot I checked out! I am in discussion with the Shropshire branch, I was just wandering if there if anyone knew of anything closer.

Aelfric

Postby Aelfric » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Thrud wrote:I met a load of Regia chaps in Shrewsbury but to be honest they concentrated too much on conquest era and we would like to be a bit earlier than that.

Nice bunch of people though, very friendly.

The Shrewsbury group are indeed focused on the conquest era, the Swansea and Cardiff based groups are earlier focussed, or if you don't mind a trek the Cheshire group are very much into the early end of the period.

Thrud

Postby Thrud » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:51 pm

Excellent stuff.
It's the regular training that would be hard to get to, events are not a problem as we are more than happy to travel.

Ariarnia

Postby Ariarnia » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:58 am

There’s an 'iron age' - not my period so can't be more specific but I think they talk about the migration so I figure that’s about 6th C - ex-regia and vike group (i.e. made up of ex members from both) located in Ceredigion near castell henllys.

I can get there details if you want, as a couple of the members are at uni with me.

Return to “410-1100”