BBC News finds some Vikings

Moderator: Moderators

Henri De Ceredigion

BBC News finds some Vikings

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:02 am

There is an article on the BBC News website this morning about Wolin (held in Poland) which is the largest Viking festival in the whole of Europe and interviews some of the people attending, the majority of whom appear to have been abused or self identity issues during their lives and comes to the conculsion that the reason they find themselves attracted to the Viking lifestyle is because it gives them a sense of self worth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/viking_club_where_men_fight_their_demons

Therefore, I would like to know ask given how I feel about the lack of civility in the world today (as demonstrated by the polarisation of political debate in the United States and sadly, over Brexit, in the United Kingdom) is this a reason why I am finding myself attracted to the pre English Civil War Stuart era?

FionaDowson

Re: BBC News finds some Vikings

Postby FionaDowson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Well, it's probably more fun than therapy. If it works for them that's great. Maybe it's better to deal with your issues by getting out there and doing something rather than sitting around talking about how miserable you feel or drinking heavily alone. Perhaps the Campaign Against Living Miserably could recommend viking re-enacting as a way of dealing with misery.

CH1LLYD0GG

Re: BBC News finds some Vikings

Postby CH1LLYD0GG » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

1 guy hardly make a majority ....

The White Seax has a space for you!!!

Return to “410-1100”