GDFB Lorica

Moderator: Moderators

madoc

GDFB Lorica

Postby madoc » Tue May 29, 2007 4:54 pm

Anyone know anything about the accuracy of the GDFB Lorica ?

I know there was one at the fair earlier this year but I didn't look too closely.

Anyone ...??

Dreadnought

Postby Dreadnought » Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 am

the one I saw at the fair was incomplete, missing a couple of plates from the shoulder bits ( I know all of the techy terms me :lol: ), thinking of joining the "Real Men" of the group are we?

madoc

Postby madoc » Wed May 30, 2007 11:15 pm

Bah .. I've already got my own (although not one of theirs) !!

anyhow you're the bloke without your own shield .. how much of a real warrior does that make you !

Dreadnought

Postby Dreadnought » Wed May 30, 2007 11:33 pm

I don't need a sheild, YES I'm that good, good enough in fact to be a hollywood hero!

Bah to you too! (you sound like a sheep when you do that!)

Attilla the Bun

Postby Attilla the Bun » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:16 am

So has Dean got a rival, then?

Age and Treachery will always overcome Youth and Skill

Dreadnought

Postby Dreadnought » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:50 pm

I have NO rivals. I am without doubt the most perfect specimen of Fighting Manlyness!

At least I don't look like a Carpet salesman from Turkey, sheild or no sheild! :wink:

madoc

Postby madoc » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:58 am

he lives in a little world of his own devising.
In such a world, old moto-guzzi's are the pinnacle of taste and engineering, sheds are objects of wonder to be worshipped and a chap called "mad doug" is the living embodiment of virtue.

Such is everyday life in the Forest of Dean. That's why Offa put up a large dyke to keep them in (or is that in-breeding ?)

Dreadnought

Postby Dreadnought » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Oh ye of little faith, The Guzzi Rocks! be as jealous as you like you horrid man, (who looks like Stavros selling rugs) who breaks down if he takes his "combination" on anything bigger than a local B road!

I now have an interest in all things green, not just sheds, a guy has got to make a living you know! (only just at present I can tell you).

Now, note to self, send, nay hand deliver all contact details to Mad Douggie........................

Dreadnought

Postby Dreadnought » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 pm

by the way, where is this large dyke? I've not seen her............

madoc

Postby madoc » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Is the said Guzzi _actually_ operating ?
"rocking" about in the garage doesn't actually count, otherwise my combination would be considered operational.

We'll expect to see you on it at the weekend then, shall we ??

What's this about green sheds ?

Dreadnought

Postby Dreadnought » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:52 pm

of course the Guzzi works, it may not have a MOT, and may need new fuel pipes, but it's still faster than your combination :lol: (even when it's being pushed).

I will hopefully see you soon (can I bring Douggie?)

madoc

Postby madoc » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:54 am

a fat bloke could run faster than my combination !
although I did acheive a velocity of 45mph before it spat the plug insert out last time out...

The ETA on the CJ750 is June 19th....

See you tomorrow then at the party !

Return to “55BC-410AD”