Looking for a Roman re-enactment group around Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Mars Ultor

Looking for a Roman re-enactment group around Nottingham

Postby Mars Ultor » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:32 pm

I have been a re-enactor for about a year now and have experience for both medieval and roman shows, as well as some pirate which was more for fun than any historical accuracy. However I am hopefully going to uni in Nottingham next year and would like to carry on re-enacting while I am there.

The Romano-British period is my preference but anything medieval or similar would also be good!

Can anyone help me out with this?

Peter Murphy

Postby Peter Murphy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:40 pm

Are you intending to stay in the Nottingham area all the time or will you be going back home during the summer? if so that may be a better indication of where a group to fit may be as the majority of the season will probably occur when you are not at University.

Just a thought before names are bandied about. :)

Back in the good old days when dancing meant exploding...

Mars Ultor

Postby Mars Ultor » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:58 pm

It is quite likely that I would be going home during the summer, although I would stay around for the events if I could. The Group would be more to keep me in practise whilst I was at uni and give me the chance to get involved in events during the term time!

Simon_Diment

Postby Simon_Diment » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:59 am

Conquest have several members in Nottingham itself with a few more not too far away, Regia have a Norman group based in Notts and a Viking group(s) in Derby. Otherwise you have the Dogs of War and Team Falchion - I'm not aware of any Roman types lurking in the vicinity though sorry.
Last edited by Simon_Diment on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bitter and Twisted IS a lifestyle option!
www.angevin.org

Mark GRaves

Postby Mark GRaves » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:27 am

University of Nottingham, or Nottingham trent? - the University of Nottingham has a living history society (with a strong medieval bias) which participates in events - go to the Freshers Fair.

Mark Graves
The Household , &,

Conroi du Burm - "The Conroi du Burm is not dead, just sleeping under a hill until needed."

Mars Ultor

Postby Mars Ultor » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:15 pm

It's the University of Nottingham, I didn't realise they had a living history group though!

Simon_Diment

Postby Simon_Diment » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Mark GRaves

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

University of Nottingham, or Nottingham trent? - the University of Nottingham has a living history society (with a strong medieval bias) which participates in events - go to the Freshers Fair.

I've never been able to find anything about them by looking through the students union socs site, but if you go to see them and what they do doesn't float your boat then my other half works in Hallward library and I'm a part-time student at the Uni too should you consider joining the darkside otherwise known as the nasty Normans :D
Last edited by Simon_Diment on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bitter and Twisted IS a lifestyle option!

www.angevin.org

kael

Postby kael » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Couple of miles down the road in leicester, there's us (Vikings of Middle England), Draum Broedr (Vikings), Wulfingas (Romans and saxons), Stanley's (I think train on Mondays somewhere in leicestershire - C15th).

nathan

Postby nathan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:05 am

Hi

Conroi De Vey are the local Regia group http://www.conroidevey.co.uk, no romans to the best of my knowledge, but the vicus keep getting gigs at Rufford so hilst they are not nottingham based you may want to get in touch with them http://www.vicus.org.uk.

HTH
N.

http://www.conroidevey.co.uk
Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mars Ultor

Postby Mars Ultor » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:44 pm

Thanks for these suggestions, I will have a look at all of them in due course.

Could anyone tell me where the Vicus group is based though?

nathan

Postby nathan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Mars Ultor wrote:Could anyone tell me where the Vicus group is based though?

National, members all over the country.

http://www.conroidevey.co.uk

Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

madoc

Postby madoc » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:40 pm

mail us, off the website (although I think you did)

A load of us were up on a "group holiday" on Hadrians wall but we're now back .. !!!

We do training weekends at Ashby AND we're thinking about training days on sundays in a similar location (top of M42) throughout the winter. those would be very close to you.

Wayland2002

Postby Wayland2002 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:56 pm

You could always just join britannia.

Return to “55BC-410AD”