Flintknapping Workshops

Moderator: Moderators

Flintknapper

Flintknapping Workshops

Postby Flintknapper » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:01 am

Hi

I am the PA to Karl Lee, one of the countries leading flintknappers with over 15 years experience of teaching, lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
Karl would like to know if there is anybody that is interested in learning how to flintknap. Please visit his website to see his work
Please see below for one of the many references for a workshop student.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Many Thanks

Rebecca

"I spent three very enjoyable days with Karl, during which time my flintknapping skills improved hugely. From the moment I stepped through the door, Karl made me feel very welcome in his home, and the tea's didn't stop flowing until I left (which is very important in my book)! Karl is not only a very relaxed, fun and patient guy, but clearly also has a very deep appreciation and understanding of the practical skills underpinning many prehistoric technologies. I was particularly encouraged by his unwavering positive attitude when it came to flintknapping - whenever my hand-eye coordination let me down Karl would get me thinking about the best way to work around the problem. I am really glad I spent the time to understand the practical side of prehistoric technology in more detail with Karl, and would highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in ancient skills and crafts."
Nick Taylor – Workshop Student

Karl Lee
Flintknapper

Return to “2000BC-55BC”