Historical Pottery Workshops

Moderator: Moderators

korpson

Postby korpson » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:55 am

My name is Lee Steele and I offer hands on Ceramic & Historical Pottery Workshops during which your clients will have the opportunity to experience and explore the medium of clay.
I have over 10 years experience as a ceramic artist and have run my own studio, organised and undertaken workshops for children and adults and have taught a short course at York College of Further & Higher Education.

I am an active historical re-enactor with many years’ experience of demonstrating and running Dark Age pottery workshops both in the UK and Norway.

Your clients will have the opportunity to learn traditional hand building techniques used during the Dark Ages to produce their own pot. They will then be able to decorate their pot using authentic replica tools and take the finished unfired item away with them.

If you require, I can come dressed in authentic replica Iron age,Roman,Late Ronam,Saxon,Viking,Medieval costume. I can also provide an awning/shelter, tables etc for outside events.

Ceramic Workshops

I can tailor workshops and activities to suit you and your clients by providing either half or whole day sessions during which a range of hand-building techniques can be explored and your clients can produce their own pot which they will then be able to decorate and take the finished unfired item away with them.

It is a fun, hands-on way to learn a new skill that is accessible to all.

If you would like further details or would like to book a workshop please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Lee Steele
The Potter Man
01430 861734
lee@thepotterman.co.uk
www.thepotterman.co.uk

Return to “2000BC-55BC”