Huldremose bird bone pin

Moderator: Moderators

40/- freeholder

Huldremose bird bone pin

Post by 40/- freeholder »

I'm looking at making the Huldremose bog woman's costume for an event next year (now, we hope). Her woollen scarf was reportedly pinned together under the left arm with a bird bone pin 8cm long. I'm having no luck finding a photo or drawing of this pin, or an identification of the bird species and skeletal element that the pin was made from. Any information gratefully received. I think a goose radius would work, and I've got those to hand, but I'd like to be sure before I start trying to make one.

sarahk99

Re: Huldremose bird bone pin

Post by sarahk99 »

I'm looking at making the Huldremose bog woman's costume for an event next year (now, we hope). Her woollen scarf was reportedly pinned together under the left arm with a bird bone pin 8cm long. I'm having no luck finding a photo or drawing of this pin, or an identification of the bird species and skeletal element that the pin was made from. Any information gratefully received. I think a goose radius would work, and I've got those to hand, but I'd like to be sure before I start trying to make one.
looks like you are doing everything right
also consider checking out Pinterest for detailed photos

https://www.pinterest.com/dorrane/arch- ... se-peplos/
My personal opinion is that you need to leave dissertation writing to the experts