Bath folk festival and Summer School

Making it, listening to it, words, music sheets, making instruments

Moderator: Moderators

bathfolkfest

Bath folk festival and Summer School

Postby bathfolkfest » Thu May 29, 2014 11:42 am

I'm a newbie to this site but looking at some of the posts I think lots of you would appreciate the Bath Folk Festival Summer school. It's a very traditional summer school which teaches authentic tunes in a friendly, relaxed manner.There are classes in all sorts of traditional instruments such as fiddle, tin whistle, flute, guitar, accordion,concertina, banjo and mandolin. It is open to all ages and abilities but classes are differentiated. The tutors are all very knowledgeable about the origins of the tunes too. I went along to one of the fiddle classes last year and haven't looked back. I'm now learning lots of traditional English and Irish tunes at local sessions. Have a look at www.bathfolkfestival.org if you think it sounds like your sort of thing. Hope to see some of you in Bath to exchange ideas and play some tunes together.

bathfolkfest

Re: Bath folk festival and Summer School

Postby bathfolkfest » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:59 am

Miranda Sykes and Rex Preston have just agreed to be headline acts at Bath Folk Festival 9th -17th August 2014. What a coup! They have a really traditional, yet modern vibe.
Hope to see some of you in Bath to enjoy a huge range of traditional folk music. Really great to see history in action, as some of these tunes have been around for centuries! Still a few places left on the summer school too if anyone wants to try it out for themselves.

Return to “Music and Instruments”