WTB: Hoplite Kit, wooden shields, Roman(?)

WTB Want To Buy or FS: For Sale - personal sales only please, not traders.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord McCarthy

WTB: Hoplite Kit, wooden shields, Roman(?)

Postby Lord McCarthy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in buying kit suitable for a Greek Hoplite. I currently have shield and helmet and am looking to source armour, sword and possibly spear and footwear. I'm aware that a custom made linothorax may be impossible to source. So I'm probably looking at going down the route of a brass muscle top and greaves. I do have Roman caligae (which probably also need replacing shortly) and tunic so could perhaps make do with them but would be interested in something correct if possible.

I'm also potentially in the market to buy a Lorica Segmentata (I'm quite skinny) and thirty five small round wooden shields, Roman baldric, chainmail cape, new viking kirtles for men and women, boys and girls greek outfits, leather balls, wooden hoops, wooden discus.

Please can anyone help with any of this?

Thanks,

Greg

Pierre

Re: WTB: Hoplite Kit, wooden shields, Roman(?)

Postby Pierre » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi Greg.
I presume you have looked at the Hoplite Association UK site. They have a list of suppliers for their kit although some of the suppliers are not known for historical accuracy in other periods. I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend as some items may have to be hand crafted ie the Linothorax. Although if i was looking for one i would contact Timothy Dawson who has made some cracking stuff for me and has a large skill set from woodworking, metal work and leather.

TaxusBaccata

Postby TaxusBaccata » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Greg,

I can definitely help you and I have inboxed you with some more details :)

Thanks, Peter

Lord McCarthy

Postby Lord McCarthy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi,

Thank you both for your responses. I have tried with the Hoplite Association some time ago and not got a response. I don't know Timothy or how to contact him.

Peter, I have tried to Pm you to discuss the shields. Hopefully it gets to you!

All the best,

G. :)

Lord McCarthy

Postby Lord McCarthy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:28 am

Hi again,

I'm going to have to just order some shields from one of my suppliers now, I'm afraid.

Best,

G.

Return to “Buy and Sell”