SOLD - Viking / Saxon / Medieval kit

WTB Want To Buy or FS: For Sale - personal sales only please, not traders.

Moderator: Moderators

Starshadow

SOLD - Viking / Saxon / Medieval kit

Postby Starshadow » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:52 pm

3/6/18 - All item now sold. Thus ends my reenactment days. :cry:

Updated - only a couple of items left!

Can't believe it's been more than 10 years since I last logged on to this site :wtf: Sadly, I've decided to sell my kit as it's not been used for the last 10 years, at least. :cry: It's been stored in the garage in a sealed box and I really have no use for it now after leaving my last group (Anmod Dracan) as I gave up re-enacting shortly after. It's even still got a tiny whiff of campfire... :lol:

The items would suit anyone starting out or simply to add to their existing kit. Dresses are generously cut so could easily be altered to fit smaller sizes or re-used to make new tunics etc and it could be cheaper than buying new wool. All dresses are machine stitched on the main seams but have been hand finished on collars, hems and cuffs. Chest sizes and hem lengths in inches are given in the descriptions below. Pictures of all items and further measurements etc can be seen in the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aBSUf ... Z4oUtEbJv_ Comment on here to let me know if you're interested and message me privately to arrange payment and delivery etc. Postage at buyers expense, can be collected from Teesside.

Dress 1 - SOLD
Simple long red / burgundy wool kirtle dress with long sleeves, worn extensively at events mainly around the fire, cooking and wood gathering. A few small marks from these activities on the skirt, but nothing that requires any attention. Quite large swooshy skirt too.
Chest – 42”
Length to hem – 51”

Dress 2 - SOLD
Short green overkirtle wool dress with short sleeves, finished with 1” wool tablet weave decoration (made by Tanya Bentham). Good quality wool, hardly worn and in excellent condition.
Chest – 50”
Length to hem – 41”

Dress 3 - SOLD
Long green good quality wool apron dress (hem not stitched) with blue/red silk trim on collar and sides. In excellent condition, only worn a couple of times, a few mucky bits around the hem shown in pictures.
Length to hem – 58”

Hat - SOLD
Dark / royal purple wool hat, lined and trimmed with brown / grey rabbit fur. I made this as a gift for someone but never gave it to them. Completely hand stitched, toasty warm, never worn. Inside measurement 63cm / 24 ¾ “.

Belt - SOLD
Tan soft leather belt, 56" long, 1" wide. Buckle and end were bought from a trader at TORM that stamped runes (IY) on their items, but I can't remember their name. Worn but still completely usable, you could even just buy it for the metal parts and reuse them.

Pouches - pair - SOLD
Small simple pouches, one tan colour suede (approx. 7” x 5”), one tan colour leather (approx. 7” x 4”). Hand stitched, unfinished and unused.

Shoes - SOLD
Dark-brown leather laced unisex turnshoes, new genuine sheepskin insoles included. Some wear on soles, still very comfortable, approx. size 7/8. I wore these even in winter with layers of thick wool socks and oiled / waterproofed them regularly while they were in use (made to order by John Watson of Shields & Shoes).

Sheepskin - SOLD
Royal purple dyed sheepskin, 34" x 42" at widest points. Perfect size for inside a camping chair around the fire to keep the chill off your cheeks! :D
Last edited by Starshadow on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

You're only young once, but immaturity can last a lifetime...

Karina

Re: FOR SALE - Viking / Saxon / Medieval kit

Postby Karina » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Hiya, PM'd you. :^)

There is no such thing as a terrible hat, it just has to find the right head!

Starshadow

Postby Starshadow » Tue May 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks, I've just sent you a reply :)

Starshadow

Postby Starshadow » Fri May 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Updated following sales!

Return to “Buy and Sell”