WLTB Magyar/ Hungarian bow

WTB Want To Buy or FS: For Sale - personal sales only please, not traders.

Moderator: Moderators

Ash B 44

WLTB Magyar/ Hungarian bow

Postby Ash B 44 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:54 am

Long shot ( no pun intended) , as per title I would like to add a decent Magyar bow to my collection. Not bothered about fancy horn or leather decorations. 35 to 50 lb draw.
Kassia would be my preferred make but others would be considered for the right price.
If you have one collecting dust please message me.
Cheers.
Last edited by Ash B 44 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barter

Re: WLTB Kassai / Grozer Magyar bow

Postby Barter » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:09 am

Sorry - haven't got one to sell but a word of advise ..... if you are used to archery and in particular 35lb draw weight you might find that a horse bow of that poundage will feel 'light' to draw. it might be worth your while re-listing with a spread of say 35lb - 50lb with the option to try out before purchase.
If you live in the Leicester or North East go to the Merlin Archery Shop who stock various 'horse bows' and try the tension for size http://www.merlinarchery.co.uk/bows/tra ... -bows.html
If owning one is just a bit of a whim then you could also take a punt at one of Chinese bow that are one sale through ebay either new or 2nd hand...... the ones I've seen /try have been fine and the price is a lot cheaper!
:arrow: Don't panic - just get more arrows :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Ash B 44

Re: WLTB Kassai / Grozer Magyar bow

Postby Ash B 44 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Thank you for your advice, I have been using a friends Kassia bow 35# and it does feel and shoot quite differently , i may get a Chinese 50# but to stay within society's rules 35 is the maximum of any bow i wish to take onto the field and ive fallen a bit in love with my mates one but the swine wont sell it.
I don't live near Leicester anymore though my grandfather still lives in shepshead so next time I'm up I may well pop in.

Return to “Buy and Sell”