For Sale; My medieval [14C] style kit

WTB Want To Buy or FS: For Sale - personal sales only please, not traders.

Moderator: Moderators

fredk

For Sale; My medieval [14C] style kit

Postby fredk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:39 pm

For various reasons I and no.1 son have given up the history presentations we engaged in.
Therefore I'm selling off our equipment and the spare/newbie stuff we have.

I'm in Northern Ireland so unless you're over my way everything will have to be posted
I'll set a price of £2.80 per item ---- but if anyone should buy a number of items one postage charge will cover them. It'll be adjusted.
I post as often as I can but sometimes I can only get to the PO once a week, on a Thursday.
At all times I endeavor to let you know whats happening
I can accept payments in cheques, postal orders or by paypal [you pay any fees please]
UK only please.

Today I'll list some leather goods.

1. Girdle purse .........£12
Fine basketweave pattern on the leather, two belt hanging loops at the top. Size is 8 inch wide by 8 inch high. It has one main pocket which is about 4.5 inches high, and a thinner inner pocket attached to the inside of the front panel. The purse has a gusset so it opens out to about 1 inch depth.

2. Girdle purse..........£12
Plain leather, two belt hanging loops at the top. Size is 8 inch wide by 9 inch high. It has one main pocket which is about 4 to 4.25 inches high, and a smaller thinner inner pocket attached to the inside of the front panel. The purse has a gusset so it opens out to about 1 inch depth. There is a colour variation in the leather on the right-hand side but its not so strong as the photo makes it out to be

3. Shoes.................£15
Soft leather, good solid sole. Not a lot of wear. I re-enforced the heel with an extra layer of leather. We mostly wore these inside. A basic shoe.
Size 10.

4. Baldrick........... £10
Light tan. 2 inch wide. Will fit over a 48 inch chest, to the first buckle hole, plus some more. Brass buckle. Lightweight; takes a light sword such as a rapier, not too good for heavy war swords.

5. Decorated Belt........ £20
Blue, with 6 cast fleur de Lys ornaments, which lie to the back of the wearer. A short-ish belt; 38 inches to the first hole, 42 in to the last hole. 45.5 inches over all. 1.5 inches wide, Cast brass buckle. Never worn.

7. Plain Red Belt......£12
Brass buckle. 1.5 inch wide by 61.5 inch overall. 38 inch to the first hole. Handmade pewter strap-end riveted on. A thin belt; not suitable for hanging a war sword

8. Purple belt........£15
Brass buckle. 1.5 inch wide by 80 inch overall. 44 inch to the first hole. A simple double line cross over-ribbon pattern repeats along the length. Handmade pewter strap-end riveted on. A thin belt; not suitable for hanging a war sword

9. Strong shoes..........£25 >> sold
Good strong decent shoes. Green. Not much wear. Only used for three short events. Says 12 on the sole but actually a decent size 10

10. Plain Blue Belt...........£12
Cast metal buckle. 1.25 inch wide by 70 inch overall. 47 inch to the first hole. A thin belt; not suitable for hanging a war sword. L bit of scuffing on the edges near the holes for the buckle tongue

11. Belt & bracer set............£12
A thick [about 5mm] but very flexible belt with a sword hanger riveted on. Brass buckle, 1.5 inch wide, 55 inch overall. From buckle to centre of hanger 12.5 inch, To first hole 40 inch. The hanger is two piece; a long back riveted to the belt and a front panel which is tied onto the back part.
Bracer; the same thickness as the belt; 6.75 inches long, width is 9.5 [elbow end] to 8 inch [wrist end]. Hand painted with a Viking style lion.

I'll be adding more items as I sort through them and check them.
There should be another pair of the green shoes [size small 10]
Tunics, gambesons, fabric coifs, some chainmaille, a few helms

Please PM me if you are interested in anything here.
Ta for looking in.
Fred

PS. Please be aware that colours of items may not look the same on a computer screen as it does in real life.
Last edited by fredk on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

medievalmark

Re: For Sale; My medieval [14C] style kit

Postby medievalmark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Very interested in the two pair of boots would you do a deal on the two pairs

fredk

Postby fredk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:23 pm

No.6 boots are sold, but the other pair is still available

medievalmark

Postby medievalmark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Ok mate just the no 3 ones then

medievalmark

Postby medievalmark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 pm

I think I've got my wires crossed mate Which ones are left is it the green ones

fredk

Postby fredk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Aye, number 9 the green ones and number 3 which I describe as shoes are both still available

The sides of no.3 come up just to cover my ankle bone, so I reckon they're more of a shoe that a boot.

No.9; the green boots. the pair in the picture - I'm a wide fitting size 10 and that pair fit me well comfortable, with a thin or regular sock on.
I have another pair which are slightly smaller; with those I can only wear a thin sock or no sock at all
The sides of the green boots come up about 6 or 7cm past my ankle bone

hth
F

medievalmark

Postby medievalmark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Would you take 20 for the green ones its for a new starter

fredk

Postby fredk » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Sent you a PM yesterday

Return to “Buy and Sell”