FOR SALE - BOOKS - MONKS, FRIARS, PILGRIMS AND SAINTS - gone - donated to local hospice

WTB Want To Buy or FS: For Sale - personal sales only please, not traders.

Moderator: Moderators

bonnacon

FOR SALE - BOOKS - MONKS, FRIARS, PILGRIMS AND SAINTS - gone - donated to local hospice

Postby bonnacon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:32 pm

MONKS, FRIARS, PILGRIMS AND SAINTS.
No, not the title of a single volume but my collective term for the following 12 volumes offered as a single lot. As I have explained on the other book entries I need space asap so I need to sell asap !
1) The Friars.
This is a lovely detailed hardback in as new condition which traces the history of the British Medieval friars.
2) The Age of the Cloister
The story of Monastic life in the Middle Ages. Thick paperback in as new condition.
3) Discovering Abbeys and Priories
A slimline volume by Shire Publications with b/w illustrations throughout. Good condition.
4) Medieval Monasteries
This is a paperback with a slightly grubby cover but otherwise is in very good condition and details forms of religious life in Western Europe in the Middle Ages.
5) Miracles and Pilgrims
Popular beliefs in Medieval England. This is a hardback with fading to the spine of the dust jacket otherwise in very good condition.
6) A Traveller's Guide to Saints in Europe
I seem to have had this stout book for years and years and years...... hardback, wear to edges of boards otherwise tight and in good condition.
7) Monks and Wine
THIS IS A WINNER! Gives the linked history of monks and all sorts of wine. Hardback, very good condition, with numerous b/w and colour illustrations.
English Monasteries
This volume was published in 1845 and its age (and condition) were the reasons I originally bought it. It has green boards with gold tooling, tight binding and is in a very good and clean condition.
9) English Medieval Monasteries 1066 - 1540
An excellent reference work, recording basic facts about the 1000+ monasteries then existing and in easy alphabetical order.
10) Religion in the Medieval West
Covers the Western church, practical Christianity and its observances, and a wide spectrum of unorthodox religious belief too.
Paperback, slight indentations to front cover otherwise in very good condition.
11) A Dictionary of Saints Days, Fasts, Feasts and Festivals
Softback, comprehensive, incredibly detailed, packed with all sorts of information and in very good condition too.

and finally......

12) In the Steps of Chaucer's Pilgrims
From Southwark to Canterbury from the air and on foot. Written by Jack Ravensdale, one of Britain's leading medievalists and landscape historians.

£60 FOR THE LOT. Handover to be arranged

Vivimus vivamus!

Return to “Buy and Sell”