12th Century Groups in Wales

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

SpudUk

12th Century Groups in Wales

Postby SpudUk » Fri May 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Hello Folks,

As most regulars will know, I'm frequently posting about different groups. That's mainly because I haven't known for a while where I'll be living. The good news is, I do know that now - as the wife and I have finally bought our first house together.

So, does anyone know of any groups in South Wales (Cardiff/Swansea area - we're moving to Bridgend) that do 12th century (or 11th to 13thC)? Either national groups with regional units, or local groups. I'm keen to do something Welsh and/or Anglo-Norman (seems Vikings and Regia focus on Norse culture).

Cheers all
Last edited by SpudUk on Tue May 29, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henri De Ceredigion

Re: Welsh Groups

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Mon May 28, 2018 12:05 pm

SpudUk wrote:Hello Folks, As most regulars will know, I'm frequently posting about different groups. That's mainly because I haven't known for a while where I'll be living. The good news is, I do know that now - as the wife and I have finally bought our first house together. So, does anyone know of any groups in South Wales (Cardiff/Swansea area - we're moving to Bridgend) that do 11th to 13th century? Either national groups with regional units, or local groups. I'm keen to do something Welsh-y (seems Vikings and Regia focus on Norse culture).
Cheers all

If you come across any in mid Wales (Ceredigion especially) that deal with any aspect of history, then please do tell as I would be absolutely overjoyed to find out that I am not the only one with an interest in this neck of the woods.

SpudUk

Postby SpudUk » Tue May 29, 2018 9:13 am

Henri De Ceredigion wrote:
SpudUk wrote:Hello Folks, As most regulars will know, I'm frequently posting about different groups. That's mainly because I haven't known for a while where I'll be living. The good news is, I do know that now - as the wife and I have finally bought our first house together. So, does anyone know of any groups in South Wales (Cardiff/Swansea area - we're moving to Bridgend) that do 11th to 13th century? Either national groups with regional units, or local groups. I'm keen to do something Welsh-y (seems Vikings and Regia focus on Norse culture).
Cheers all

If you come across any in mid Wales (Ceredigion especially) that deal with any aspect of history, then please do tell as I would be absolutely overjoyed to find out that I am not the only one with an interest in this neck of the woods.

Ceredigion is only a couple of hours away at best. Who do you play with at the moment Henri?

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Tue May 29, 2018 6:40 pm

SpudUk wrote:Ceredigion is only a couple of hours away at best. Who do you play with at the moment Henri?

Henri de Ceredigion (1603 - 1673) the MP for Cardiganshire in the Useless Parliament of 1625 who then finds himself on a mission for George Villers (the Duke of Buckingham) that sees him become a member of the King's Musketeers.
Attachments
Henri de Ceredigion Outfit (Forums).jpg

Nigel
Post Knight

Re: 12th Century Groups in Wales

Postby Nigel » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:33 am

Off the top of my head my nearest group is in Shrewsbury and we do have about 5 in Swindon

If we don't appeal look at Normannis as they are everywhere

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

CH1LLYD0GG

Re: 12th Century Groups in Wales

Postby CH1LLYD0GG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Historia Normanis 12th - 13th century have groups around there.

The White Seax has a space for you!!!

Return to “Societies”