Vanguard - North East, 13th Century

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

dan_vasey

Vanguard - North East, 13th Century

Postby dan_vasey » Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 am

Evening all!

Around a year and a half ago a new group picked up and we go by the name of 'Vanguard', operating out of Hartlepool, County Durham.
We accurately portray 13th century through living history, though our primary interest is the combat - practicing every week.

Feel free to give us a bell whether you're looking to ask questions, join, hire or are looking to field some extra fighters at one of your own gigs :-)

Aelle

Re: Vanguard - North East, 13th Century

Postby Aelle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi there!,its great to hear of a new group having set up in the town,i have to admit i didn't even know you existed before now,having just looked at your website i must say the standard of your kit looks particularly good :thumbup: ,i would have been interesed in the possibility of joining,being presently without a group but my period (and of course,kit),is 7th century C.E,so,a bit...well,a lot,on the early side,however,i'll have to get along to one of your events sometime,all the best and good luck for the future :) .

dan_vasey

Re: Vanguard - North East, 13th Century

Postby dan_vasey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:33 am

We've only just set ourselves up, and only just started really publicising our presence (we're actually getting a lot of interest, which is great and fairly unexpected for our town) so it's no surprise you hadn't heard of us!
Cheers for the comment on our kit - like I say we are new but we've a few seasoned reenactors (and I myself grew up with it) so we really do have a good sight of where we want to go! :-)

If you're just looking to pick up a sword feel free to come along to our practice (PM me or visit the website's 'Contact' page). We provide all the kit and the armour so no worries about that, and we fight every week! :-)

Return to “Societies”