Normans/Vikings in Pembrokeshire

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Landskerian1066

Normans/Vikings in Pembrokeshire

Postby Landskerian1066 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to this forum. I'm Mike and I'm the group leader of the Pembrokeshire based early medieval group Landsker. We usually portray the Viking activities and Norman occupations of the lands within the old county of Deheubarth, and we are always looking for new members. We are part of the national society Regia Anglorum.

Primarily we are a combat group focussing on full contact, fully competitive combat displays utilising infantry movements, cavalry and archery whenever safe. We have a Living History display showing daily activities 1000 years ago, and we are both family friendly and pet friendly if you want to bring your pooch along!

We can be found on Facebook - Landsker Early Medieval Re-enactment

We usually train in Cilgerran Castle, but I am trying to organise training more central in the county - somewhere like Carew Castle.
Attachments
IMG_1679.JPG
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG (62.2 KiB) Viewed 838 times

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Re: Normans/Vikings in Pembrokeshire

Postby Bad Viking » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Welcome to the forum ! :D

I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

Landskerian1066

Postby Landskerian1066 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:11 am

Hi, thank you for the welcome! :)

Landskerian1066

Postby Landskerian1066 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Basically the reason I posted here is that we are a small local group based in Pembrokeshire who focus on portraying the Normans, Viking raiders and local Welsh folk around 950 - 1100AD, although in the last couple of years our national society has spread out to incorporate early Crusades and William Marshal.

We are based in a lovely corner of the country with many amazing historical monuments - castles playing a big part in the landscape, and I would love to build our member base so that we can engage the public with exciting full contact, fully competitive combat events and highly detailed Living History displays. Due to the period we re-enact, we also have equestrian wings which display the Lords and Ladies activities of the times - using high energy, fast moving games to wow the crowd. We also have our Norman Conroi - the militarised mounted force that wreaks havoc on the battlefield.

If anyone is interested in taking part, or would like more info, we can be reached at the following address:

landsker.re-enactment@outlook.com
http://www.facebook.com/LandskerWarriors

Return to “Societies”