Are there any Medieval Groups in the South West?

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

jellybe4n

Are there any Medieval Groups in the South West?

Postby jellybe4n » Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 am

Hi there

I am brand new to this forum and to the reenactment scene, so please bear with my dumb questions! :crazy:

My son, 14, is history mad. Romans are his main 'thing's but he loves the medieval period as well. He is incredibly keen to get involved in medieval reenactment. Eventually he would love to be battling in armour, but realises this is not possibly until he is older and has had time to get used to things.

We live in Cornwall and, for the next 10 months, I am not able to drive. Does anyone know of any groups that might be suitable for him to approach? Trains and buses are no problem by the way.

I expect I will allow him use of my log in as well at some point, so he may communicate first hand with everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard

Re: Are there any Medieval Groups in the South West?

Postby Simon Atford » Thu May 29, 2014 3:45 pm

We (The Company of Chivalry) are based in the the Bristol and Somerset area. Quite a bit north of you of course and most of events are in Wales although we have been to Cornwall in the past. We do 14th Century battle reenactment and Living History.

For more info please email: cocmembership@hotmail.co.uk or see our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CompanyOfChivalry?fref=ts

CH1LLYD0GG

Postby CH1LLYD0GG » Fri May 30, 2014 10:05 pm

@ Simon - CoC, I'm hoping to join you guys on the 16th June for a taster session.

The White Seax has a space for you!!!

Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard

Postby Simon Atford » Sat May 31, 2014 10:20 am

CH1LLYD0GG wrote:@ Simon - CoC, I'm hoping to join you guys on the 16th June for a taster session.

14th June. 16th is a Monday.

Return to “Societies”