Looking for groups in Scotland (1770-1920)

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

gwendolyn_grey

Looking for groups in Scotland (1770-1920)

Postby gwendolyn_grey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:58 pm

I recently moved to Edinburgh from the US, and am looking for local-ish reenactment/living history groups or even just recommendations of good events. I don't have a vehicle here, so would have to rely on public transportation or carpooling to go anywhere outside the city.

I do a number of time periods, but mostly late eighteenth century (American Rev War), Napoleonic/Regency, and 1860s. I've done reenacting for about six years, and worked as a costumer and historical interpreter at Colonial Williamsburg (I was in historic trades, doing tentmaking and interpreting the millinery/mantua maker/tailor shop). While military events are often fun to attend, I have no interest in pretending to be a man and taking the field or being a camp follower. I'm really all about civilian life... the more genteel the better! ;)

You can get a pretty good idea of the sort of stuff I do (mostly costuming and portraiture) from my blog: http://idlewildgrey.blogspot.co.uk/

All my current living history friends in the UK are based way down south- London, Weymouth, etc... and I'd love to make some aquiantances here in Scotland!

Dixie

Re: Looking for groups in Scotland (1770-1920)

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 pm

pm'd :)

Recruiting for The Highland Company 1st Battalion 95th Rifles in Scotland

Return to “Societies”