Looking for Medieval Living History Group Manchester Area

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Scarlett_Rayne

Looking for Medieval Living History Group Manchester Area

Postby Scarlett_Rayne » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 am

Hi everyone I'm new on here and new to re-enactment. I have a great interest in Medieval Living History and looking for a local group to join. I've done a lot of searching on the internet but not having much luck then I was told about this forum. I live in Stockport near Manchester. I live alone and don't drive so this is why I have a problem finding a group. Is there some nice person out there willing to take me under their wing and help me out please. I'm willing to help out with petrol and any costs . Thank you

Dave B
Post Knight

Re: Looking for Medieval Living History Group Manchester Are

Postby Dave B » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

I guess we are probably your nearest group: http://www.dysmas.co.uk/ we are mostly Cheshire based, and meet up in Congleton.

Still not awfully close to Stockport, but doable by train I guess. The season is pretty much wrapped up now, but we meet up on some Sunday afternoons through the winter to train, make kit, that sort of thing, the dates are on the website. Get in touch if you want to pop down sometime.

Find time in every day to look at your life and say; 'Well, it could be worse'

Kurt's uncle Bob.

matlot

Postby matlot » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Sir john saviles household are a late 15c group mostly based around south Yorkshire but do have a few members around Manchester and stockport

http://www.savilehousehold.co.uk

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum

Catapultam habeo. isi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

a savile a savile

Scarlett_Rayne

Postby Scarlett_Rayne » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Thank you I will take a look

Scarlett_Rayne

Postby Scarlett_Rayne » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Dave B wrote:I guess we are probably your nearest group: http://www.dysmas.co.uk/ we are mostly Cheshire based, and meet up in Congleton.

Still not awfully close to Stockport, but doable by train I guess. The season is pretty much wrapped up now, but we meet up on some Sunday afternoons through the winter to train, make kit, that sort of thing, the dates are on the website. Get in touch if you want to pop down sometime.

Hi Thanks or your reply. Ive had a good look at your site but there is no contact details. Please can you give me a contact email address please so I can ask for more info.
Thank you

Return to “Societies”