Rose and Thistle (RaT) 1745 Jacobites

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Rose and Thistle (RaT) 1745 Jacobites

Postby Tod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:51 pm

RaT are part of Lace Wars. We set ourselves up to portray John Roy Stewart's Regiment and have become the premier Jacobite unit in the UK. We were in the front line of the filming for the Culloden Museum project and images off us are used on the entrance board and inside the visitor centre. RaT have worked for English Heritage, National Trust, The National Trust for Scotland, Historic Scotland, the Highland Council and many other sites and organisations in the UK. Our membership is generally based around the midlands of England and we have members in Scotland and as far away as Norway. We pride oursleves on our knowledge and accuracy and are able to fully kit out any one who wants to come and try and week end with us. Our events are listed on the Lace Wars web site http://www.lacewars.co.uk
Our own web site http://www.18thcentury.org will give you more details about us and you can email me us via that site or PM me on here.
We offer a try before you buy week end where you can come along for free and we will kit you out and arm you for our skirmish. Every one is trained in the use of weapons before being allowed to partake in hand to hand combat. If you have the correct licences we can lend you a musket or we can help you obtain the correct documents. RaT is a living history group that does skirmishes, our members have vaste knowledge of the '45 so you don't need to be an expert. We are happy to help you with information about the period and we can direct you to suppliers or patterns so you can get your own kit together.
RaT is run as a collective where very one mucks in, we pride ourselves on being friendly and the fact that every one helps every one else. We welcome people from all walks of life and we are family friendly. Membership is £15 per year with £10 of that going to Lace Wars for membership and insurance.
Attachments
RaT.jpg
rat 2.jpg

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Re: Rose and Thistle (RaT) 1745 Jacobites

Postby Tod » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm

It seems we had a problem with our email address, the one on our web site www.18thcentury.org is now correct.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:58 pm

The next event we will be attending is at Avoncroft museum near Birmingham. If you would like to be invited or want to try a new group or period drop me a PM or contact us through our web site.
The event is on 31 August/1 September and is a full 1745 event with Jacobites and British Redcoats. We can lend you kit and will even feed you.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks to the guests who came to Avoncroft and made a good week end into a great weekend. We are now putting together our events for 2014 as part of Lace Wars (www.lacewars.co.uk). We also have use of a site in the midlands for training or group events. If you interested in joining drop me a pm or email to rat1746@yahoo.co.uk or come to the Foxblade Trading stand at the International Living History Fair (ILHF) on 25-27 October.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:51 am

Please note our new email address rat1745@hotmail.com

I will be up dating the web site soon www.18thcentury.org

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:55 pm

I really dislike doing websites, but our new site is up and running at www.18thcentury.org

Ne'erdowell
Post Centurion

Postby Ne'erdowell » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:03 am

Try 18thcentury.org I don't know why putting www in front of it doesn't work..............time to contact the techie people.

Ne'erdowell
Post Centurion

Postby Ne'erdowell » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Yes, without www it works perfectly well. There are more sites that have this. I think it's pretty common, but I don't know the technical reasons for it.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:12 pm

It now works with www.18thcentury.org and just 18thcentury.org

Return to “Societies”