New Lowland Jacobite Unit now recruiting

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

sarge

New Lowland Jacobite Unit now recruiting

Postby sarge » Sun May 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi everyone, just putting the word out that I am now recruiting for a new Jacobite Lowland re-enactment unit. I am putting together a representation of James Crichton of Auchingoul's Regiment for Claymore Re-enactment Group. This is a new venture, already successfully growing with events planned already this season. If anyone is at all interested in the '45 and re-enacting this period, please pm me on here. Crichton's were raised in October 1745 in the Aberdeen area, and were involved in the march south to the English midlands, at Falkirk, and after being absorbed into Lord Kilmarnocks Footguard, were in reserve at Culloden alongside the Ecossois.

The emphasis will be on living history, and attempting to get the details of kit and equipment as correct as possible, as information and research will allow, and putting some firepower into our displays. Its a learning process for all of us! We will be working alongside the Stewarts of Appin Highland unit, and the Manchester Regiment within "Claymore".

Most of us in "Claymore" are midlands(UK) based. Again, please pm me on here and I'll get back to you asap.

Many thanks,

Andy Sargent.

sarge

Re: New Lowland Jacobite Unit now recruiting

Postby sarge » Sat May 19, 2012 8:33 am

Just to add - We have two events booked at Fort Paull now confirmed, one in July and one in August. We are also awaiting confirmation of a few events in the Derbyshire area, so things are progressing nicely. Please contact me on here if anyone is interested in joining(membership is only £12 a year!),

Many thanks,

Andy Sargent.

Filchet

Re: New Lowland Jacobite Unit now recruiting

Postby Filchet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi my name is Steve Woodward long time friend of Dale Yates I was in Claymore 8 years ago and will soon be driving so looking to get back into reenactment again .. hopefully next year .. my main weapon was the dane axe .. but was trained in pike and sword too . dont know if dale still has my gear as i left it with him when i left mansfield ... but getting new gear not a prob .. my partner is also very interested in joining .. and is an avid history buff .. and is quiet good at needle work .. will wait to here from you .. bye for now

Return to “Societies”