Armet, The early 16th century re-enactment group

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Armet, The early 16th century re-enactment group

Postby Tod » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:13 pm

This is brand new group. Initially set up to work in parallel to the 1513-2013 Flodden project. The aim is to grow the group into a small accurate society that will represent a small Household in military service. The intention is to find sites around the UK where we can portray the people from a local area that have been called to arms. Apart from the Flodden project it is unlikely that we will be able to take part in any battles as no one else seems to do this period, or at least not in any numbers. We can show how weapons and armour were used and how they developed as well as what would have happened in a typical manor and the local area.
Armet is a living history group and welcomes people of all ages and from all over Great Britain. The intention is to make the public part of our events and for them to leave understanding that Henry VIII wasn’t always a fat King that had 6 wives, that James IV was one of the best Scottish monarchs as well as finding out about that time between the War of the Roses and the late Tudor period. If you have an interest in the early 16th century, want to be part of the Flodden project, or are looking for a new period, whether you want to be a soldier, cook, farmer, artisan or another member of the community from please get in touch.
Until I set up a dedicated web site you can contact me by PM.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Re: Armet, The early 16th century re-enactment group

Postby Tod » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:51 pm

We are slowly growing, the web site is registered I've just got to the design. We have the first event this year and are still looking for members, we even have some loan kit!
Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Up date, membership form is done, constitution is next. First event is booked at Etal for 1/2 September. I'm doing a lecture at EH's Festival of History this year on Flodden and the 500 year anniversary. The membership fee for 2012 will include 2013 as well.

steve stanley
Post Knight

Postby steve stanley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Good Luck!

"Give me a tent and a kettle
Snowshoes and axe and gun
Send me up in Grand River
Steering by star and sun".
- Labrador Trapper's Song

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Postby Marcus Woodhouse » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Ibid.

OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

Ali Hamilton

Postby Ali Hamilton » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:26 pm

HI.

I am hosting a Tudor May Day Festival in Liverpool, would you be interested in this event?

I can be contacted on 0151 728 5833 or ali.hamilton@nationaltrust.org.uk.

Cheers

Ali Hamilton, Events Co-Ordinator, Speke Hall, National Trust, Liverpool

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 pm

I left a message but no one called back, let me know if you have any thing in the future.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:09 pm

We have just done our first event at Etal in Northumberland, it was a 100% success. I set the group up for people who want to get involved with the Flodden 1513-2013 project or who interested in the early 16th century. We will now be working towards the bigger 1513 event in August 2013 as well as other Flodden related and early 16th century projects. If you are interested drop me a PM.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 am

As I will be trading (Foxblade) at the ILHF (26-28 October), you are very welcome to come and have a chat about Armet. We already have the Flodden 500 event next year and I am now looking for more sites. I noticed my first posting didn't make clear that we welcome women and families as well. At our own events we will portray a small early 16th century household. The idea is that any one can portray any one with the exception of either ther very well off (unless you can afford it!) or the very very weird. So you could be a washer women, a cook, a scribe, a priest, a farmer, one of the many artisans of the period, a book keeper, or any thing else that would be related to a small household/village from around 1513. Soldiers are welcome as well, or maybe you want to portray a former soldier. I don't expect us to do much in the way of battles (other than with other groups) so you do not have to want to fight. What we are more likely to do is weapon displays. If you know the sort of events I've run in other periods you'll know the sort of things we will do, but it would be better if you come and have a chat. If you can't get to the show drop me an email with your number and I'll call you.
Tod foxblade4@hotmail.com

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm

We now have a very basic web site that I will update as time allows and as I get pictures and more info. www.16thcentury.co.uk

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm

The Etal event is moving forward and it looks like we will have a LH display at Kelmarsh FOH. In addition I'm thinking of running two training/meet week ends. One in Etal and one in Milton Keynes. Details are on the Flodden forum.
I'll be trading at the ILHF 22-24 February so come and have a chat about Armet and the 1513 project.
We now have basic kit available to order and can direct you to other traders for any thing else you should need.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

For details of the training/making days in Etal and Milton Keynes please see the forum. Details below in my signiture.

Return to “Societies”