Looking for re-enactors in London

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

Drefan

Looking for re-enactors in London

Postby Drefan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi all, I'm quite new here and not entirely sure this is in the right place, but I thought I'd go ahead.

I've recently moved to Tooting in London for work, and I'm interested in finding reenactors with similar interests for either crafting or combat. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

I'm a current member of Crusade, formerly leader of the Birmingham group, and I'd like to find a group or people with an interest in the same time period or possibly the Viking period. I am currently a training and authenticity officer in Crusade, but that may not be of any use in London.

I have a limited amount of space to train and a good selection of crafting kit, but I'm starting to go a little crazy as I currently am not making use of any of it. I don't mind joining another society and following their rules or helping anyone who might be interested in attending shows with Crusade.

Thank you for your time,

Drefan

Caballo

Re: Looking for re-enactors in London

Postby Caballo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Well, I'm in SW London, do Early and Late Roman, and I know f another ( CELER on Roman Army Talk) who lives in Brixton, not far from you. There must be more though!!

histrenact

Postby histrenact » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Hello Drefan,

We are generally based in SW London although members from all over the place *but* we train over winter every other Sunday at a Scout Hut in between Richmond and Kingston-upon-Thames so very close to you. 12:00 until 18:00 and do Archery, Fighting, Dancing, Cookery, Costumery during each session and, of course, display rehersals.

Based about 1340-1350 so not tooo far out by my understanding of your period. Very family based and kids are welcome if either are appropriate to yourself.

The Mediaeval Combat Society www.themcs.org.

As I say you would be very welcome if only to come and say hello but also if you wish to train to keep your end up even if you do not want to actually join us as a society.

Take care

David D.

Guthroth

Postby Guthroth » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi

There is an 'open' combat training session just North of West Drayton pretty much every Sunday evening (about 45 per year). 7 til 9 pm indoors in a big hall followed by a beer or two ... :thumbup:

We generally follow Vikings combat rules but because we are a bunch of independant minded sods :devil: we aren't slaves to the system and don't mind who plays with us.

Drop me a line off list if you are interested.

Pete

Guthroth of Colanhomm

Have Sword, Will Travel

Guthroth

Postby Guthroth » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:46 pm

P.S. Anyone who plays nice is welcome.

We will ask which society you play/have played with when, where and how long ago, but that's for our joint safety. :wink:

30 years in the shieldwall teaches you that group politics should have no place when big lumps of steel are being waved about ....

:rock:

Guthroth of Colanhomm

Have Sword, Will Travel

Drefan

Postby Drefan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

I would be very interested in coming along this Sunday if there is training. I was in the Vike up from 2003 until last January and the group I was in uses a slightly modified version of their rules (minor changes to account for time period), so it would not be hard to adjust. I have my own training kit, just need to work out how to get to training.

Is there any training on this weekend?

Drefan

Guthroth

Postby Guthroth » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Not this Sunday (4th Dec) :eh:

We are back on again on the11th and 18th, and then again on 8th and 15th January.

Pete

Guthroth of Colanhomm

Have Sword, Will Travel

Drefan

Postby Drefan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Not a problem, see you the weekend after then. Where do you meet for training?

Guthroth

Postby Guthroth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:55 pm

It's in Iver in South Bucks, but I've sent a private email with more details.

Pete

Guthroth of Colanhomm

Have Sword, Will Travel

GuyDeDinan

Postby GuyDeDinan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

London is also covered by the SCA group Thamesreach, who meet regularly in Archay (2 mins form the tube station), as well as organise various events throughout the year. www.thamesreach.org

SCA Thamesreach (London) - www.thamesreach.org

Return to “Societies”