looking for group northants or beds

Re-Enactment Societies - details and links

Moderator: Moderators

wozaa3

looking for group northants or beds

Postby wozaa3 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 am

hi looking at join a medieval group in northants or beds cant find one any where on line can any 1 point me in right direction

matilda

Re: looking for group northants or beds

Postby matilda » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:39 am

Glad you found the forum. Might be worth saying which era of medieval you're after and what you'd like to do - do you want to just take part in battles, or do you want to be part of a camp that has a living history element to it, are you interested in sword/pole work or archery.

All the best,

denise

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows - Jennifer Yane

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Postby Bad Viking » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:27 pm

There is jackdiddlysquat in Northants for groups, but there are members of other groups - such as the Magnificent Medieval Siege Society, and for Crusader/Early medieval there is the Hospitallers of England+ Ireland. Bedford has the award winning Darkage group Wryngwyrm.
There are ones and two's here and there doing cvarious crafts and combat training, pm me if you are interested- depends what you are looking for tho-- best of luck, but as I say - jackdidddlysquat :crazy:

I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

Anthony of the MSS

Postby Anthony of the MSS » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi,

actually we have a fair few members in Northants now, plus regular (indoor, weatherproof..) training sessions and meet ups round here. If you have a look at http://www.medieval-siege-society.co.uk/Events.aspx then we have a social pub meet in Brixworth on the 12th October, and then a full two day training weekend at Naseby at the end of the month. Eight acres of pasture & nine acres of totally private woodland to go and run riot in, paintball with swords basically* ;-) Plus camping available so you can pop over to the ILHF nearby as well at some point during the two days.

Have a look at the MSS website (www.medieval-siege-society.co.uk and if you like what you see, then hopefully see you at the pub?

If you want

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony of the MSS

Postby Anthony of the MSS » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:16 pm

BTW if you are closer to Beds then we also train monthly (men at arms, archers and arbalests) at Edlesborough, Bedfordshire. Again, details on the MSS events page

ForTheMarshal
Location: Birmingham for me, nationwide groups for the society - PM for details

Postby ForTheMarshal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:37 am

We can help in Northampton if you're still looking and havn't taken any of these fine offers

Click the image below for our website vvv
PM me if you have any questions or want to join/work with us

Anthony of the MSS

Postby Anthony of the MSS » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:07 pm

If anyone is interested in MSS training at Naseby tomorrow then follow this thread..

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27576

Return to “Societies”