Hainsworth factory shop, leeds

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Tuppence
Post Knight

Hainsworth factory shop, leeds

Post by Tuppence »

Abimelech Hainsworth now have a factory shop. It's just around the corner from the mill, on Town Street in Stanningley, near Leeds.

Not been myself, but Nige went at the weekends, and they have lots of stuff - blankets and assorted other bits, and of course, cloth - from approx. 8.50 - 11.50 incl. vat, according to Nige (serious bargain!!)

Still worth making an appointment with sally or david if buying in bulk, but the prices at the shop are way cheaper although obviously the ranges will be more limited.
"What a lovely hat! But may I make one teensy suggestion? If it blows off, don't chase it."
Miss Piggy
RIP Edward the avatar cat.

purple peril

Post by purple peril »

Thanks Debs. Trip to Leeds it is then :roll:

Tuppence
Post Knight

Post by Tuppence »

If you're visiting, there's a haberdashery place nearby too. not been there, but apparently worth a look, as it gets coach trips visiting :shock: .

will send you the info when I dig out the postcardy thing that nige brought back.
"What a lovely hat! But may I make one teensy suggestion? If it blows off, don't chase it."
Miss Piggy

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

bought a few blankets from Sally over the years,especially the 'point' blankets,will have to take a look in the shop as i,m up that way this week :)
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

" a cowards mother never weeps "

www.freewebs.com/bowmansuk

Tuppence
Post Knight

Post by Tuppence »

according to NIge they had quite a few other blankets, but no point ones
Miss Piggy

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

i usually had to go to the factory for em,best one i ever had was a beautiful red 8 point,black stripes the others were usually candy stripe but Sally said it depends on the run and seconds as Hudson Bay decided to take seconds too now :(

Jon
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

" a cowards mother never weeps "

www.freewebs.com/bowmansuk

katiepoppycat

Post by katiepoppycat »

any luck on the haberdashery place Debs?

thanks

Tuppence
Post Knight

Post by Tuppence »

I know just what you mean on the point blankets - we've got a gorgeous 8 pointer in charcoal grey with black stripe, and a few years ago I got some sky blue ones that were taken by the american indians at kirby. thay were gorgeous too.

katie - have p-mailed you
Miss Piggy

Uncle Bulgaria

Post by Uncle Bulgaria »

Haberdashery, WHERE?

Please please can I know, if i'm going to visit one, I HAVE to do Haberdashery!!!! :P :P :P :P
This life must be a test, if it were the real thing we'd have been given better instructions.

Tuppence
Post Knight

Post by Tuppence »

Miss Piggy

katiepoppycat

Post by katiepoppycat »

stopped off today and got some great bargains - a few lovely roll ends going at £6.90 per metre!!!!!!!!

i also liked their craft packs - they sell packs of about 10 good sized pieces of fabrics all in different colours. V handy for patch up jobs.

lidimy
Post Knight

Post by lidimy »

is anyone else here addicted to haberdasharies? im really bad with them... i love everything i see and end up wanting to buy the whole shop out...

as it happens, i am the same in stationary shops, and the history section of waterstones :D

lidi :)
'As long as you have a coif on, you're decent.' Image