PEWTER BUTTONS

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

johnny crow

PEWTER BUTTONS

Post by johnny crow »

anyone know a supplier of the plain pewter buttons in the UK suitable for a colonial/Rev war coat?

Cheers

Jon
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

" a cowards mother never weeps "

www.freewebs.com/bowmansuk

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Post by frances »

Aha, you need a copy of 'The Garter, the directory that supports costuming'. umpteen suppliers and makers of buttons of all sorts, including pewter, plus every other item that you need to present the correct image to the world. It costs £10 plus postage.

Tuppence
Post Knight

Post by Tuppence »

Christophus does some whic are really nice. He usually does the re-enactor's market.

And Russ Scott (of the Vikings - sells viking jewellery at the re-enactor's market), has the button moulds that Blue mason made at my request some years ago. Not sure if he keeps them in stock, or makes them to order, but they are v. nice.

Debbie

PS - by re-enactor's market I mean the ORM at Ryton.
"What a lovely hat! But may I make one teensy suggestion? If it blows off, don't chase it."
Miss Piggy
RIP Edward the avatar cat.

Tuppence
Post Knight

Post by Tuppence »

PPS - sutlers stores do them (I think) too, but they're generally not as nice as the other two.
"What a lovely hat! But may I make one teensy suggestion? If it blows off, don't chase it."
Miss Piggy
RIP Edward the avatar cat.