Artificial Roses for dress decoration

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Artificial Roses for dress decoration

Postby Shadowcat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:48 pm

Anybody got a source for small artificial roses/buds to put in bunches on a Victorian dress? Both my suppliers have vanished in the last couple of years. I know about MacCulloch and Wallis, and Barnett Lawson, but as I am going to need a lot, I was hoping for somewhere I could maybe buy a couple of hundred (!) comparatively cheap.

Cross posting on Buy and Sell

S.

Tuppence
Post Knight

Postby Tuppence » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:55 pm

not sure on prices (not checked for a while), but there's v v rouleux (suspect they're not cheap), and www.bedecked.co.uk.

could also try www.josyrose.com, leicester thread and trimming, and cmp habico in leeds (though they have a min. order of (I think) 100 quid, and can be a bit off if you're not a habby shop.

Debs

"What a lovely hat! But may I make one teensy suggestion? If it blows off, don't chase it."
Miss Piggy
RIP Edward the avatar cat.

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Postby Shadowcat » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:14 pm

Thanks Debs. V.V.Rouleux are very, very expensive, and I am going to need 100 or so roses, so I think I'll avoid them! (Was looking at silk ribbon earlier in the year and nearly had a fit.)

Will be trying www.millinerwarehouse.co.uk later this week and will report back.

S.

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:58 pm

I've been meaning to go to the millinary warehouse myself - only when I am in the area I usually have a luggage trolley full of cat or rabbit in a basket! If you cannot find what you want there Suzi get in touch as I have a florists warehouse up the road from me. I have no idea of the prices of their flowers though as I never need them myself.

Ellen Gethin

Postby Ellen Gethin » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:45 pm

Fred Aldous in Manchester used to do that sort of thing - I don't know if they still do, though.

"Take wrong turns, talk to strangers, open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they're doing."
JimmyB27, absolutewrite

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Postby Shadowcat » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:07 pm

Thanks Frances - planning to go this week as last week was too hot to move.

Ellen - nothing I could find in the catalogue on line, but thanks for the suggestion.

S.

Dianne

Postby Dianne » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:32 pm

Plenty on ebay if that's the sort you mean .....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/380-Satin-Ribbon- ... dZViewItem

~ Mea Culpa ~

Be careful of what you wish for - it might come true !

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Postby Shadowcat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:53 pm

Not really what I'm after, but thanks for the suggestion. Got 4 different kinds from Barnett Lawson - still haven't made the Millinery warehouse.

S.

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:53 pm

Let me know what you think of the millinary warehouse Suzi. I was up there last week, but this time the trolley was full of cat food. Peaches has digestive problems (how very human) so can only eat prescribed dindins.

Return to “Costumes”