Seamstress/dressmaker wanted (Medieval).

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

JC Milwr

Seamstress/dressmaker wanted (Medieval).

Postby JC Milwr » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:08 pm

Due to being desperately disorganised (and having 2 small children) I've realised that I am insane to even consider making clothing for my wedding at the beginning of September, so I need to find someone else to make things for me. NOT the wedding dress itself, but lesser clothing, to whit: 1 bridesmaids dress (simple fitted style, velvet fabric already bought). 2 mothers dresses: one fitted style, the other high-waisted style, one father-in-laws kit (although I may be able to buy this, so don't want to order it till after Tewkesbury).

Would be able to measure bridesmaid exactly (she's lovely and slim, much thinner than me ;)), but the mums are generic size 14s.

Is there anyone on here remotely interested? I know most dressmakers are desperately busy at this time of year, but it's worth a shot!

seamsmistress

Postby seamsmistress » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:00 pm

I might just be able to help you here. As well as keeping a range of gowns in stock, [14 not an issue], the vast majority of my work is bespoke.

You can have a look at what I do at http://www.chimera-costumes.co.uk and see a range of other medieval outfits I've made in the medieval slideshow at http://www.chimera-costumes.co.uk/clothing/periods.php

Gini

Tuppence
Post Knight

Postby Tuppence » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:37 pm

Hi,

I think Nige pm'd you earlier (I'm in the pre Tewkesbury nightmare :lol: ).

Do you know what you want exactly, or do you need to check out some books / piccies??

Either way feel free to come and see me at Tewkers.

Debbie

PS Can do made to measure or standard size (although with the latter it's always a good idea to know at which shop that's their size (they vary so much!!) - and 14's positively titchy :D )

"What a lovely hat! But may I make one teensy suggestion? If it blows off, don't chase it."
Miss Piggy
RIP Edward the avatar cat.

Victim

Postby Victim » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:50 pm

Have you tried Jackie at Cloak'd & Dagger'd ?

www.cloakedanddaggered.com

She has just done a splendid job of outfitting me & my Best Man for my wedding 8)

43rd Pennsylvania Volunteers
Kynges Ordynaunce - 'The Best Bang since the Big one'
9 Bty 3rd Batt. RA - Sandham's Company

Albus Currus Vir

Drachelis

Postby Drachelis » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:09 am

I could have done it in addition to the grooms outfit but I am pretty snowed under - I will have various posh frocks with me at Tewkesbury which may suit the mothers - both the high waisted Houppelande and the fitted laced styles - also will have some posh chaps stuff - gowns and doublets.

Will talk soon -

Cheryl
Shadowlight Designs

JC Milwr

Postby JC Milwr » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:17 pm

thankyou for the offers, ladies.

I will definitely be taking up Tuppences offer for my bridesmaid, and probably spreading the load by looking for stuff from the others too :)

Cream-T

Postby Cream-T » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:25 pm

I have it on good authority that the bridesmaid shall be available for measuring at Tewkesbury. This offer is restricted to seamstress Tuppence, so please, Gentlemen, keep your hands to yourselves! ;)

http://www.milwr.org - extremitatem acutam ad hostibus!

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:09 pm

Cream-T wrote:I have it on good authority that the bridesmaid shall be available for measuring at Tewkesbury. This offer is restricted to seamstress Tuppence, so please, Gentlemen, keep your hands to yourselves! ;)

you use your hands for measuring?

Return to “Costumes”