Shadow light designs stock.

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Effie

Shadow light designs stock.

Postby Effie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Dear all,
As you know my mum Cherry passed away last year.
Which means I have an abundance of dresses,gowns,underdresses,and various other quality items which she spent so many hours making and loving every minute of it.
I plan to keep a few items to pass on to my children.

However any help or ideas of how to sell the rest to produce something lovely in memory of my pain in the bum amazing mum would be so helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Steph xxx

sally
Post Knight

Re: Shadow light designs stock.

Postby sally » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 am

You could list them all on Ebay and see what prices things fetch, but then you have all the fun of parcelling them up and posting them. What about booking a table at one of the big fairs though and having one last sale weekend, gives you a chance to catch up with people who knew your mum at the same time?

Effie

Postby Effie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:04 am

Thanks Sally that's really helpful. Do you have any info on the fairs at all, I have no idea where to start!x

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:27 pm

TORM is one of the biggest, also the Cambridge Living History Fair is very nice, and there is the National Living History Fair, I think there is also now a South West one

SteveC

Postby SteveC » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:49 pm

The various markets organised under the umbrella of the National Living History Fair http://www.nlhf.co.uk allow/encourage non-commercial traders to book a stall. I understand that's not really the thing with TORM.

yggdrasil, of this parish, had a stall at the Bridgwater fair earlier this month and was happy with the results. You could try messaging her.

Return to “Costumes”