WW1 tunic

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Ellie

WW1 tunic

Postby Ellie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:07 am

I'm trying to find a British WW1 uniform, specifically a tunic. I wondered whether anyone in the North of England might have one I could look at? I know they're available to buy/hire, but they're quite expensive and my budget is very limited. I've been asked to make a piece of artwork for an exhibition based on the Somme and wanted to start by making a replica uniform. What I need is access to a uniform - or a good replica - for an hour or so, in order to check its construction and take measurements. Might anyone be able to help? Thank you.

sally
Post Knight

Re: WW1 tunic

Postby sally » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:14 pm

This might help, but do make careful reference to images of the exact date tunic you want to replicate to be sure you are using the right notes
http://historyoffashiondesign.com/part- ... -uniforms/

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:32 am

Look in a book

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:45 pm

where are you Ellie?

I can certainly help out.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Return to “Costumes”