The Knitting History Forum 2014 Conference is on Saturday 8th November at the London College of Fashion. Speakers this year are confirmed as
Angharad Thomas – Textile Archivist for Knitting and Crochet Guild
- “Piecing Together a History of Two-colour Knitted Gloves – from medieval times to the present”
Tom van Deijnen (Tom of Holland) – Practitioner in knitting and mending
- “Old Techniques and New Cardigans: a case study in traditional repair techniques”
Amy Twigger Holroyd – Post-doc Research Fellow, Leeds University School of Design
- “Keep and Share – amateur knitting practice as a sustainable strategy”
Barbara Smith – Publications Curator for KCG and Independent Scholar
- “Useful Work for Anxious Fingers – knitting & crochet in the First World War”
Joyce Meader – The Historic Knit, Military and Historic Knitting
- “Knitted Comforts for the Soldiers – from the Boer War to WW1”
Doors open at 10:30 for registration and Show and Tell so please feel free to bring items for discussion. The AGM is at 11:00 and lunch is from 12:30 to 1:45. The Conference starts at 2.00. There will be more time for questions and discussion after all the speakers have delivered their papers. Lunch is not provided so please bring your own or buy locally. The LCF is just off Oxford St so there is plenty of choice!
You don't have to be a member to attend. Tickets cost £20 and can be booked in advance or on the door. The price of the ticket is included in KHF membership, only £15 annually. Contact email@example.com ASAP if you'd like to book a ticket or apply for membership. Attached is a full conference programme or download it from the Knitting History Forum website.
Keep up with the latest news on the Knitting History website or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 2014 Knitting History Conference Programme
- (247.59 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
....and so home and to supper, and so to bed.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests